Arrsers self taken photo collection.

And it does need some help!

Not now it doesn't. The council bought in some new byelaws last year which got rid of the street drinkers who infested the area, the Goat Ledge Cafe is now flourishing, and the local artists started Promenart, which is this project. Here's an aerial photo of that part of the prom now, taken about six weeks ago by a mate with his drone.

a (17).jpg

Waldeck

Old-Salt
Not sure if they are one hive or three stacked on top of one an other. So this set up is either 12 or 36 hives, which is the smallest set up in the cranberry fields. There are about 30 or so set ups on this one farm, some are twice the size. The first time my dog Max found one he went over to check it out even though he was told not to. Yes he got stung, but he jumped into the pond and swam out of harms way. The bees swarmed and I got stung on the back of the neck, by the time I got back to the Jeep my neck had swollen up and it was hard to breath, I was very lucky. The dog keeps a good distance from them now, they are there for about a month.

20210608a.jpg

Arrived home yesterday evening to find that Mrs W's Prince's Trust rose has performed well during our week away. We also discovered what the green things were which looked like giant chives - Irises!

Mrs W remembered planting a few odd seeds, but couldn't remember what they were! Quite a few more have flowered in the patio pots at the back of the house as well.

2021 Prince's Trust Rose June 7.jpg

anglo

LE
Arrived home yesterday evening to find that Mrs W's Prince's Trust rose has performed well during our week away. We also discovered what the green things were which looked like giant chives - Irises!

Mrs W remembered planting a few odd seeds, but couldn't remember what they were! Quite a few more have flowered in the patio pots at the back of the house as well.

View attachment 579917
Give them some of this, then watch them grow,

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 20-24-22 Miracle - gro All Purpose Soluble Plant Food, Grows plants t...png

anglo

LE
Two cats lining up to have a punch up, camera timed out, and by the time it
fired again, they were out of shot, we watched through the window, it was 03:30 hrs,
they had a real set to.
Pity they don't show the same enthusiasm with catching the mice

vlcsnap-2021-06-08-08h49m05s683.jpg

Careful with that 'Spanish'...could be a bit like calling a Jock 'English', what with all the Catalans, Galicians, Basques and other 'minority groups' vying for a bit of credibility...fair enough though, they do have different languages. I remember a crossword in El Pais ( national newspaper) at Christmas years ago that had clues in all the Iberian languages...I doubt many people managed to complete it...how typically Spanish, spend loads of time creating something of absolutely no use to anyone....

Looking at her name on the results list, I think she's Eastern European, possibly Romanian. Florentina Apostol.

Daz

LE
Neath Canal near the former Rheola Works, Glynneath
_DSC86313.jpg
_DSC86403.jpg
_DSC86943.jpg
_DSC87053.jpg
_DSC87403.jpg
IMG_039513.jpg
IMG_039543.jpg
IMG_039643.jpg
_DSC86243 (Custom).jpg
_DSC86703 (Custom).jpg

Going through some old photos and saw this one. I took it in 1978 at Marchwood. My boy on the right is 2½ years old and posing nicely for the shot. My neighbours daughter on the other hand wasn't co-operating at all.
Rings a bell somehow.

20210609_002519~3.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210608_132713.jpg
20210608_131453.jpg
20210608_133006.jpg

Was in a local bar/restaurant after golf yesterday. I can't believe the stupidity/ignorance of some people.

The inner dîckhead in me wants to print off a Parachute Regiment zap, but that'd potentially become a can of worms all of its own.

Untitled.jpg

Waldeck

Old-Salt
Had a look at Nürburgring on way to Mosel today

View attachment 580070
View attachment 580071
Cochem

View attachment 580072

Not sure if you still can, but you used to be able to drive around the long circuit for about 14 Marks. Some of the guys took a Bedford RL around, pissed of course. The ones in the back where seeing who could leave the longest piss trail, all while being overtaken by "faster" vehicles. Think that included push bikes.

anglo

LE
New cat, watch it get in the feeder box, there's a tunnel inside the box, same size as the doorway, with a small entrance at the far end to let the hedgehog in, it's supposed to make it cat proof,
we don't think the cat actually got to the food

vlcsnap-2021-06-09-17h16m11s991.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-06-09-17h16m22s549.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-06-09-17h16m37s422.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-06-09-17h16m47s804.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-06-09-17h17m07s930.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

NSP

LE
Was in a local bar/restaurant after golf yesterday. I can't believe the stupidity/ignorance of some people.

The inner dîckhead in me wants to print off a Parachute Regiment zap, but that'd potentially become a can of worms all of its own.

View attachment 580087
I recall reading in some military memoir or other where the author describes being on patrol going through a Republican area of Belfast and seeing some big spray-can graffiti that said, "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil," under which in another hand had been scrawled equally large, "For I am the evillest bastard in the valley. Signed: A Para."

Take some chalk with you next time.