Arrsers self taken photo collection.

I don't normally like images of flowers, but those are excellent.

How do you do it? Are you willing to give any secrets away?
It is very long winded lol...but starts with the correct lighting, I use a strobe and a 2ftx3ft softbox placed about 18 inches from the subject. The bigger the light source, the softer the light and you are looking at trying to replicate Rembrandt and the style of lighting he used.

It is very long winded lol...but starts with the correct lighting, I use a strobe and a 2ftx3ft softbox placed about 18 inches from the subject. The bigger the light source, the softer the light and you are looking at trying to replicate Rembrandt and the style of lighting he used.

It's not often I see a photograph and think "I'd hang that on my wall" but I would with those you posted.

Top work.

A bit chilly on the Isle of Wight today, despite some sunshine, with the odd heavy shower thrown in and some stormy skies. This was Yaverland this afternoon.

2021 Yaverland stormy 1 May 5.jpg
2021 Yaverland stormy 2 May 5.jpg
2021 Yaverland stormy 4 May 5.jpg

Jammy sod. WARNING: do not remove the glass or open up the compass. The buggers were painted with radioactive radium. The P4A was common in bombers, Lancs, Sunderlands etc. Have you started to glow in the dark yet?

If you were to open it up the dust from the radium could be released.
Had a 1 pip wonder sit for about 3 hours on a box of defile markers...if he ever managed to sire kids they would have been the milkmans.

Kirkz

LE
Jammy sod. WARNING: do not remove the glass or open up the compass. The buggers were painted with radioactive radium. The P4A was common in bombers, Lancs, Sunderlands etc. Have you started to glow in the dark yet?

If you were to open it up the dust from the radium could be released.
I have no intention of doing anything with it other than wipe and wax the box and then put it on display in the House of Tat.
Had a 1 pip wonder sit for about 3 hours on a box of defile markers...if he ever managed to sire kids they would have been the milkmans.
I've already had all the kids I'm going to sire.
What I have now is just for show.

Croxteth Park today,made a change
2021-05-05 026(1).jpg
2021-05-05 001(1).jpg
2021-05-05 011(1).jpg

Waldeck

Old-Salt
Yes it really was in a skip.
While I was having a nosey round the skip the bloke came out and said "if you see anything you like, help yourself mate".
I came away with that compass, a large wood plane, a junior hacksaw, 2 full bottles of fairy washing up liquid and a full tin of WD40.

I can get in the skip ok its the getting out I have trouble with.

Waldeck

Old-Salt
Use to do a lot of taking photos early morning or evening. You may just see the swans.

_I6F7949.jpg
_I6F8084.jpg

anglo

LE
Enys gardens, we go to see the bluebell display, today they are at 25% show, another
couple of weeks, if weather gets warmer they will be at 100%

P1670381.jpg
P1670445.jpg
P1670447.jpg
P1670453.jpg
P1670460.jpg

Waldeck

Old-Salt

Waldeck

Old-Salt
Beavers built this dam and has caused a lot of damage, raised the the water level upstream by about 10 inches. Trees falling down etc. In the last photo the water rise caused the levy to breach, but instead of waiting for the humans to fix it the beavers did it them selves.

133132a.jpg
133307a.jpg
133313a.jpg
133402a.jpg
133701a.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Series of salmon pools, areas created for fishing in
20210506_130108.jpg

Weir to help maintain water in the salmon pools