Arrsers self taken photo collection.

First race I've photographed this year; all the others were cancelled or postponed. It was meant to be a 'night race' across the Severn Bridge, but this is one postponed from November last year.

Just going through the pics now.

IMG_7825.jpg
IMG_7831.jpg

Waldeck

Old-Salt
This guy just kept on going, a real tough bugger and no mistake. Allen Farm Museum, Southampton, NJ.

_BOB7143a.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210417_073335.jpg

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Scrambling up extinct volcanoes:

MExriHR.jpg

PwiQeNI.jpg

Waldeck

Old-Salt
I was with a guy yesterday discussing removing trees from some woodland using a horse. Should be good day.

They use a horse or horses a lot for smaller jobs were there are no roads in or out and they don't want to mess with the environment. I've seen it in West Virginia. They earn their Oats. Get some photos, would be interesting to see.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
They use a horse or horses a lot for smaller jobs were there are no roads in or out and they don't want to mess with the environment. I've seen it in West Virginia. They earn their Oats. Get some photos, would be interesting to see.
Quite common now in the UK for awkward corners, odd trees or steep gradients. Sometimes working as a pairs they mostly use conventional shafts to pull a two-wheeled trolley which carries one end of the tree. Occasionally just a straight pull and drag with chains but always a lovely sight. The Draw Horses are usually Suffolk Punch or Belgian Percheron.

Waldeck

Old-Salt
Quite common now in the UK for awkward corners, odd trees or steep gradients. Sometimes working as a pairs they mostly use conventional shafts to pull a two-wheeled trolley which carries one end of the tree. Occasionally just a straight pull and drag with chains but always a lovely sight. The Draw Horses are usually Suffolk Punch or Belgian Percheron.

Yes there is some thing peaceful about watching that sort of thing.

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Purton Ships Graveyard Part 1
IMG_008403.jpg
IMG_008463.jpg
IMG_008503.jpg
IMG_008543.jpg
IMG_008553.jpg
IMG_008913.jpg
IMG_008963.jpg
IMG_008993.jpg
IMG_009093.jpg
IMG_009163.jpg
IMG_009353.jpg
IMG_009503.jpg
IMG_009513.jpg
IMG_009753.jpg
IMG_009823.jpg
IMG_009863.jpg
IMG_009903.jpg
IMG_009923.jpg
IMG_009963.jpg
IMG_009993.jpg

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

mogreby

Old-Salt
Palmyra (Tadmor), Syria. September 1981. Photos scanned from slides hence quality.

Palmyra 2.JPG

The date groves have been there for 4,000 years and the Roman street for 2,000. Image taken from the castle in the image below. A 13th. century Mamluke castle. In a morning you could stroll through history.

Palmyra castle.JPG