Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Ciggie

GCM
I haven't bought a pair of shoes in over 20 years.
I get issued 2 pairs a year at work and unlike most people I actually take care of them and make them last as a result I have a pair of brand new Dr Marten boots, 2 pairs Dr Marten shoes and about 10 pairs of unused trainers.
Nice one! Particularly the DMs...used to be my shoe of choice for years but a combination of living in central Europe where knockoffs are common and a general reduction in quality in the genuine article anyway made my enthusiasm fizzle out a bit....how much are a pair of DM shoes new in the UK these days? Over a ton ?

Kirkz

LE
Nice one! Particularly the DMs...used to be my shoe of choice for years but a combination of living in central Europe where knockoffs are common and a general reduction in quality in the genuine article anyway made my enthusiasm fizzle out a bit....how much are a pair of DM shoes new in the UK these days? Over a ton ?
The ones I have are about £120 a pair, work don't issue docs anymore so I'm hanging on to the ones I have. It's all Magnum trainers and boots now, the trainers are OK but the boots are a bit shite.

Grass dried out enough to give it the first cut of 2021 today. It's actually just a chunk of meadow, really, and certainly much too bumpy to be given the title of "lawn"! Arreton Down, Isle of Wight, in background.

2021 garden Feb 28 resized.jpg

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
Grass dried out enough to give it the first cut of 2021 today. It's actually just a chunk of meadow, really, and certainly much too bumpy to be given the title of "lawn"! Arreton Down, Isle of Wight, in background.

View attachment 553282
Mine got it's first cut of the year today too.
Not as big as yours but still not a lawn more a wild patch of grass at the back of the house.
Percy Thrower I am not.

Ciggie

GCM
Mine got it's first cut of the year today too.
Not as big as yours but still not a lawn more a wild patch of grass at the back of the house.
Percy Thrower I am not.
I have to say the British fascination with lawns has always been beyond me, don't get me wrong, I love a piece of well-matured grass....er, let me rephrase that...a decently looked-after bit of turf but it has always seemed a misuse of space...might be because my old man was an avid gardener, bought our house in Jockland on the basis of how much garden space there was ( it was a new build and so a blank canvas ), sold it on the basis of what a brilliant job he'd done with that space. We had a front lawn and flower garden but it was under 20% of the total space. The rest was devoted to fruit ( strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries ) and veg ( the usual but also kale and spinach ), a couple of greenhouses produced tomatoes and, almost unbelievable considering this was Jockland, grapes- small but edible and at the same time sweet and sour, not to mention 3 bee hives. That in a posh suburban part of Dunfermline with a railway cutting at the end of the veggie bit. Google Earth revealed that now all that is a second house and v. small garden...how times change etc.

Apologies for the French origin of the pic, but it really does sum us up !!!

BDF145D9.jpg

Daz

LE
Beautiful Daz, wish I still lived in Porthcawl.
problem always is jobs and house prices there.
I got lucky and brought an ex B&B on the outskirts of Porthcawl going cheap (well, cheap for Porthcawl) that needed renovating, you're right about the lack of jobs down here, there's bugger all in the town itself

Daz

LE
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) -Location as per the map

post.jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (1).jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (2).jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (3).jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (4).jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (5).jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (6).jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (7).jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (8).jpg
SECTION POST e42059 (Extant) (9).jpg

Daz

LE
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant)
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant) (1).jpg
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant) (2).jpg
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant) (3).jpg
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant) (4).jpg
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant) (5).jpg
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant) (6).jpg
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant) (7).jpg
SECTION POST e42060 (Extant) (8).jpg

Daz

LE
Pwll-Du
_MG_00233.jpg
_MG_00243.jpg
DSC014773.jpg
DSC014803.jpg
DSC014833.jpg
DSC014873.jpg
DSC014903.jpg

Daz

LE
How many images do you take a week? that's take not use
No idea, today alone was 120 shots ....... and that was a slow day, the horses posted yesterday came in at 85 shots, the last sunrise was 66 shots, out of which I used 4, the last sunset was 140 shots - so around 5 to 6 hundred a week or so at a guess, sometimes more, sometimes less

When I go out I take 10 maybe 15, out of that one maybe 2 are worth processing, 1 might make in to my library 1 a month might make it to the website. There are exceptions, if I am doing motor sports or air shows then that will rack up. But for landscapes and still life, slow and selective is the way forward.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210301_072820.jpg

Latest Threads