Arrsers self taken photo collection.

River Witham is a bit high.

flood.png

Daz

LE

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
At first glance, I would’ve said that was a mid-fifties Royal Enfield. Is it a 350cc?
they do share many design details
its a 1955 F.N. M13 Grand Culasse 450cc single
quite rare now, and probably the end of production, it belonged to the owners father
I have only ever seen them with a solid rear end
its well engineered, and the military used them as well, they also did one with an unusual front fork design
and in the early days a 4 cylinder in line with shaft drive
1611163525247.png

Carbon 6

War Hero
they do share many design details
its a 1955 F.N. M13 Grand Culasse 450cc single
quite rare now, and probably the end of production, it belonged to the owners father
I have only ever seen them with a solid rear end
its well engineered, and the military used them as well, they also did one with an unusual front fork design
and in the early days a 4 cylinder in line with shaft drive
View attachment 541259

That is beautiful, but the front suspension! I’ve never seen that design before, does it have a particular application, such as sidecar use?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
That is beautiful, but the front suspension! I’ve never seen that design before, does it have a particular application, such as sidecar use?
No
It uses rubber in torsion as the damper
and was designed to handle better on Belgian Pave
having ridden my little Guzzi on Belgian bloody pave, I would easily plump for that system
its like being hit with hammers, my brother owns a massive japanese motorcycle with soft suspension and large tyres
i have small wheels rock hard suspension for those Italian roads, and a fat arse

Daz

LE

Carbon 6

War Hero
No
It uses rubber in torsion as the damper
and was designed to handle better on Belgian Pave
having ridden my little Guzzi on Belgian bloody pave, I would easily plump for that system
its like being hit with hammers, my brother owns a massive japanese motorcycle with soft suspension and large tyres
i have small wheels rock hard suspension for those Italian roads, and a fat arse

You’re a mine of information. I didn’t know about Pavé, but it’s probably similar to cobblestones. I hadn’t ridden on cobblestones until my wife and I took my GS1000 to Edinburgh in 1978. It was bad enough in the dry, but when it started to rain, I hailed a taxi and put my wife into it and told the driver to take her to our destination. I was convinced that I would drop it at some point.

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
You’re a mine of information. I didn’t know about Pavé, but it’s probably similar to cobblestones. I hadn’t ridden on cobblestones until my wife and I took my GS1000 to Edinburgh in 1978. It was bad enough in the dry, but when it started to rain, I hailed a taxi and put my wife into it and told the driver to take her to our destination. I was convinced that I would drop it at some point.
I have a nephew, himself a motorcyclist, and he being young decided to organise the navigation on one of our European Trips
I was more than happy with a map and a set of prompts
I think that we sampled every bit of pigging Pave in Belgium on that trip
every single bit
we may have missed a few feet out but I doubt it
new shock absorbers were fitted on my return, and a new headlamp bowl plus lots of missing nuts and bolts

I wrote an article about that trip
we can laugh now !
and here the bluebird of good fortune shat mightily upon his forehead
and he got a puncture
half a mile from the Hotel
chortle chortle
he being a highly skilled engineer did what all highy trained engineers do
and left it to the old gizzard to sort !
383.JPG

Last edited:
Rained all day, pic from garden, photoshopped it...
2021-01-20 008 (1)(2).jpg

Carbon 6

War Hero
C6B71EC8-11CB-45BC-A1EE-0C20AA408ED9.jpeg

Mrs Carbon has been working from home since Covid started. She’s finally got her desk and programmes set up to her liking.

Carbon 6

War Hero
Likes a bit of the black stuff or is that yours? ;)

0B502CB4-0A53-49A0-92BD-025485808D97.jpeg

She has been known to imbibe the odd pint. She’s also poured a few.

This photo was taken in 2015 at the Crosskeys Inn, a well known pub near Toome in County Antrim. It’s probably an area well known to those who served during Op Banner. It’s unheard of for someone to be invited behind the bar to pull a pint in that place. Perhaps they were mistaken by her Canadian accent, thinking she was a Septic from where...the Boston area maybe?

Edit: The one in the original photo is mine!

Daz

LE
Pennard Castle a while back

_DSC1388os (Custom).jpg
_DSC1391 (Custom).jpg
_DSC1394os (Custom).jpg
_DSC1397 (Custom).jpg
_DSC1399 (Custom).jpg
_DSC1400 (Custom).jpg
_DSC1403os (Custom).jpg
_DSC1403os_1 (Custom).jpg
_DSC1406os (Custom).jpg
_DSC1406os_1 (Custom).jpg
_DSC1408os (Custom).jpg
_DSC1412os (Custom).jpg
_DSC1417os (Custom).jpg
_DSC1522os (Custom).jpg
_DSC8916os (Custom).jpg
_MG_2767 (Custom).jpg
_MG_2771os (Custom).jpg
_MG_2796os (Custom).jpg

Daz

LE
Kilver Court Gardens 3 - Better Late than....................................................well, most people would suggest it's just better late :)

_1120658os (Custom).jpg
_1120659os (Custom).jpg
_1120672os (Custom).jpg
_1120682os (Custom).jpg
_1120683os (Custom).jpg
_1120701os (Custom).jpg
_1120707os (Custom).jpg
_1120708os (Custom).jpg
_1120712os (Custom).jpg
_1120719os (Custom).jpg
_DSC7262os (Custom).jpg
_DSC7276os (Custom).jpg