Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Daz

LE
More damp nags - Soligor C/D 35-200 mm f/ 3.8-5.3 Lens, C/Y (contax/yashica) Mount on Sony Nex 3

Or something out of the stone age :)

_DSC34433.jpg
_DSC34493.jpg
_DSC34543.jpg
_DSC34603.jpg
_DSC34603_1.jpg
_DSC34613.jpg
_DSC34643.jpg
_DSC34683.jpg

I thought I'd try and get some pics of Chepstow Castle from some different angles than the usual. I consulted a map (always a mistake for me) and climbed over a barbed wire fence and followed the river Wye through some unmanaged 'forest'; a strip of heavily wooded land, steep bank on one side, barbed wire fence on the other.

Some looked like a track, but I'm sure they were deer tracks. Through brambles, under low boughs and over fallen trees. It was slow going. Eventually I came to what amounted to be a dead end but managed to get over a barbed wire fence into a farmers field.

After taking the photos I found a dead easy way out of the field and back to my original start point.

Which was annoying; I could've just went that way to begin with.

IMG_6545-HDR.jpg
IMG_6548-Pano.jpg
IMG_6566-HDR.jpg

Daz

LE
I thought I'd try and get some pics of Chepstow Castle from some different angles than the usual. I consulted a map (always a mistake for me) and climbed over a barbed wire fence and followed the river Wye through some unmanaged 'forest'; a strip of heavily wooded land, steep bank on one side, barbed wire fence on the other.

Some looked like a track, but I'm sure they were deer tracks. Through brambles, under low boughs and over fallen trees. It was slow going. Eventually I came to what amounted to be a dead end but managed to get over a barbed wire fence into a farmers field.

After taking the photos I found a dead easy way out of the field and back to my original start point.

Which was annoying; I could've just went that way to begin with.

View attachment 538983View attachment 538984View attachment 538985
Only to say to that is.....heehee, heehee, heehee :)

One from the other day that I'd missed:

A bit of wide angle weirdness going on, but I couldn't use a longer lens because there's a big fence behind me to keep people out (not me obviously).

The big red sign saying "unstable building KEEP OUT" was probably right though.

9 (5).jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210113_150757.jpg

The former RAF Meickleferry on headland.

Quite unusual base.

An AirSea Rescue Launch Maintenance Depot.

Arreton Barns is a collection of businesses in our village of Arreton, Isle of Wight. It includes a farm shop, pub, art gallery, maritime museum/shipwreck centre, old farm machinery and a variety of craft shops which cater well for the Island's tourist trade. Most are currently closed because of COVID, although the farm ship ("Farmer Jack's) is open and offers a pretty good range (though pricey) of delicatessen goods as well as farm produce and a butcher's counter.

After buying some curried pasties and cheese from the farm shop, my wife and I walked up to the old carp pond near the village church - plenty of carp around, but no fishing allowed - before returning via this little corner offering a daffodil promise of Spring around the corner. OK, maybe a bit premature in January, but the nights are drawing out!

2021 Arreton Barns 2 Jan 14.jpg

Arreton Barns is a collection of businesses in our village of Arreton, Isle of Wight. It includes a farm shop, pub, art gallery, maritime museum/shipwreck centre, old farm machinery and a variety of craft shops which cater well for the Island's tourist trade. Most are currently closed because of COVID, although the farm ship ("Farmer Jack's) is open and offers a pretty good range (though pricey) of delicatessen goods as well as farm produce and a butcher's counter.

After buying some curried pasties and cheese from the farm shop, my wife and I walked up to the old carp pond near the village church - plenty of carp around, but no fishing allowed - before returning via this little corner offering a daffodil promise of Spring around the corner. OK, maybe a bit premature in January, but the nights are drawing out!

View attachment 539239
Daffodils in Westfield (near Hastings) and Winchelsea (near Rye) about two weeks ago.

Daz

LE
Beach O'Clock
_DSC34773.jpg
_DSC34823.jpg
_DSC34903.jpg
_DSC34953.jpg
_DSC34983.jpg
_DSC35053.jpg
_DSC35103.jpg
_MG_53963.jpg
_MG_53973.jpg
_MG_54053.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Little bit of lockdown creativity.
I see where you get your username from! ;). Nice pics but a bit morbid - kids ones look like death masks! Open eyes and they would be better imho.

An old bunker at the end of the Portstewart Strand.
Slowly getting covered by sandhills.
20210115_150807_HDR.jpg

It had a "Saving Private Ryan" field of fire.
20210115_150921.jpg

It probably had another arc facing west covering the River Bann where it flows into the sea.
Screenshot_20210115-194527~2.png

The sand storms have filled it up.
20210115_150847.jpg

I might have to go back with my bucket and spade.

NSP

LE
I might have to go back with my bucket and spade.
And a binbag. Why can't it be legal to exterminate the nations morons on sight, and their progeny (well, alright; the under-12s can be forcibly fostered to civilised people for re-education. Or, rather, just education...)...?

Latest Threads