Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

The redhead looks quite pretty. Did I really just say that?

Screenshot_20201123-225615_Free Adblocker Browser_copy_1080x1745.jpg

Daz

LE
No sun, but I found an @Old Stab walt at the beach

_DSC22343.jpg

_DSC22433.jpg

_DSC41613.jpg

_DSC41643.jpg

Daz

LE
Watching the birds, weathers crap down here.View attachment 523326

I like this one!

I wonder how fast a shutter speed you need to freeze the wings? Off to google:

"How fast should you set your shutter speed to freeze wing motion? Go for at least 1/1000s to 1/2000s. Even faster is better, if possible! Aperture – In order to gain as much depth of field as possible, you should use the smallest aperture you can afford."

I might have a bash at that.

anglo

LE
I like this one!

I wonder how fast a shutter speed you need to freeze the wings? Off to google:

"How fast should you set your shutter speed to freeze wing motion? Go for at least 1/1000s to 1/2000s. Even faster is better, if possible! Aperture – In order to gain as much depth of field as possible, you should use the smallest aperture you can afford."

I might have a bash at that.
I have a cheap camera, I can't set the shutter speed
If the sports mode is select, it is supposed to operate the shutter faster,
if the movement of the subject is continuous it works fine.
In the first image that's taken the shutter is slow as in the bird image,
the next image is taken with a higher shutter speed, but it's too late
the action is finished
Cheap innit

Cheap innit

It'll be better than anything shot by people like Henri Cartier-Bresson. You've just got to work out what it's good at and 'do that'.

I've had some cheap point and shoots that were absolutely brilliant at macro photography (for example).

They also make good 'street shooters'; you don't have to worry about the exposure or depth of field, just framing something interesting.

anglo

LE
It'll be better than anything shot by people like Henri Cartier-Bresson. You've just got to work out what it's good at and 'do that'.

I've had some cheap point and shoots that were absolutely brilliant at macro photography (for example).

They also make good 'street shooters'; you don't have to worry about the exposure or depth of field, just framing something interesting.
The trouble with cameras is, the better you get, the better the camera you want
which can consume large amounts of coin of the realm

scerd.gif

Daz

LE

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Bugger all sun, but some small craft tootling past
_DSC9848 (Custom).jpg

_DSC9870 (Custom).jpg

_DSC9875 (Custom).jpg

_DSC9895 (Custom).jpg
_MG_4342 (Custom).jpg
_MG_4374 (Custom).jpg
_MG_4414 (Custom).jpg
_MG_4441 (Custom).jpg
_MG_4477 (Custom).jpg

Attachments

• _DSC9887 (Custom).jpg
    _DSC9887 (Custom).jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 3

Daz

LE
Saint Govan's Chapel - St Govans Head
_DSC0907os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0908os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0911os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0917os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0920os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0922os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0924os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0926os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0928os (Custom).jpg
_DSC0929os (Custom).jpg

The trouble with cameras is, the better you get, the better the camera you want
which can consume large amounts of coin of the realm

View attachment 523373

You know, I don't think that's true. Cameras have improved in recent years in three areas:

1. Low light (ISO) performance.
2. The speed they can process the images, so you can take a gazillion photos a sec.
3. Wider dynamic range (more details caught in shadows and highlights).

But if you know what you're doing you can easily work around 1 and 3 as long as you're not being too niche (like wanting to photograph bands in a nightclub). Use a tripod and/or bracket your images and combine in HDR (easy to do).

And who needs a gazillion pics a second?

I've recently given my daughter my old Canon 450D; you can pick one up for £69 from MPB. And as long as you don't want video, it'll take brilliant photos. You'd probably need about £100 on top for a decent 2nd hand lens and there's some brilliant budget Canon lenses.

55-250mm Image stabilised STM (great for those garden birds and the best budget zoom there is).
10-18mm wide angle; extremely sharp.
24mm f/2.8 (my favourite crop sensor prime lens).

Go on, treat yourself!

964ST

Old-Salt
I had to present a car for a „Professional“ Photo Shoot today. What a load of pedantic SHIT!!! All them Pixels can pick-up a wart on the Moon!!

That is the second time I have had to do this!!

First time I did not realize I had to bring swimwear and „uncomfortably!“ did my duty!?, luckily today I was prepared.

Latest Threads