Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

anglo

LE
P1550466.jpg
P1550482.jpg
P1550530.jpg
P1550553.jpg
P1550563.jpg
P1550585.jpg
P1550601.jpg
P1550645.jpg

Not quite the spoon but close enough...

Laura Croft walt (but I'm not complaining) Is that a 45 cal cartridge case that she's using in her belly button with a cubic zirconium chip in the primer well?

Another thing I never got my head round completely. Trials, Brit 4 strokes, going down steep banks, yank on the valve lifter, rather than use the brakes. Amidst much popping and banging the thing would slow down quite a bit, most odd.
Speaking of “Trials”, when I was based at RMAF/RAAF Butterworth mid-‘70s, our Motor Club had a bike section which did some of that rough stuff out the back of Penang Island, and we had a “Truck Class”, for anything 500cc plus, both Solo and Outfit. Most of us Singlies who lived on Base on the Mainland would ride our locally-resurrected Brit Iron out to the track, compete, and hopefully, ride them back again later ... sometimes quite later after being distracted via the lights of Penang in the evening. Mine was an early 60s, bored-oversize, Triumph ... with, I think, a BSA front end, but no speedo, and the ammeter registered +20 Amps when I had two full throttle-twists. Great Beast, to be sure!
06819CD0-96E5-4F8C-B99F-175816C84E6D.jpeg

Ah daughters ….. trained in secret by their mothers in the art of putting their head to one side , smiling and raising the pitch of their voice slightly and starting a one way conversation “ Daaaaad ….. “ and you know you cannot resist their always reasonable and logical requests that follow Hi Hi . Bless them .
... and Grand-daughters also, aka SWMBO-minor2!

BopBopBop

War Hero
A very tranquil Cushendun two days ago.
20201023_151316_HDR_compress32.jpg
20201023_143706_HDR_compress54.jpg
20201023_143847_compress15.jpg
20201023_143841_HDR_compress53.jpg

Tried to get down to Torr Head but found the road closed for a few months while Nicole Kidman makes a Viking film.
They have built a Viking village on the west side.
20201023_152827_compress42.jpg

I went in my shed today and didn't duck far enough to get through the door! :(
View attachment 470532
Ooh, Bugger! Similarly, last Friday, except I stepped up onto an upturned milk crate in the garage and failed to remember overhangings on the shelf above, next where my swede was going to be ... barely touched it, but the medications have made the already thin skin even moreso ...

Attachments

• 31F29CD5-652F-4A27-8CB9-3DE7852762DD.jpeg
    31F29CD5-652F-4A27-8CB9-3DE7852762DD.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 23
Riverside near Looe Cornwall

View attachment 514699

I'm far from any mushroom expert, but know a tiny bit, and that looks a little like a Destroying angel. The skirt on the stalk makes me think that (plus the colour and shape of the mushroom).

If it is, it's quite rare and a nice find as long as you don't fry it in a little butter and put it on some toast.

Daz, do you use the tripod a lot I have one but only use it for indoor shots .I have a wee mini tripod which I take with me and put it on a suitable post or wall

I'm a tripod addict. I've got about five of them which I use for different stuff. A really heavy one I use for night running races and a lighter one I use for off-camera flash.

One I use for hiking/photographing ultra marathons (I tend to do a fair few miles on these) and a couple of small ones such as the Joby Gorrilapod for when I want to go really light.

The best way I find to carry a tripod around, when hiking, is not to attach it to a rucksack, but to attach a sling to it (using cable ties and some metal clips) and to carry it around like a back-slung rifle.

anglo

LE
I'm a tripod addict. I've got about five of them which I use for different stuff. A really heavy one I use for night running races and a lighter one I use for off-camera flash.

One I use for hiking/photographing ultra marathons (I tend to do a fair few miles on these) and a couple of small ones such as the Joby Gorrilapod for when I want to go really light.

The best way I find to carry a tripod around, when hiking, is not to attach it to a rucksack, but to attach a sling to it (using cable ties and some metal clips) and to carry it around like a back-slung rifle.
carry it around like a back-slung rifle.

Infantry walt