Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Some stuff acquired from Rome flea market destined for the House of Tat collection.
View attachment 419795View attachment 419796View attachment 419797

@supermatelot v v v.
View attachment 419798

One for @CivvyLurker (not bought just took pic)
View attachment 419800
The pic of the Mongoose and Cobra reminds me of a time loooong ago and far away when, as NCO Block for our singlies at a South-East Asian Base, I had occasion to request of the house-boys/dhobi-wallahs that we needed a mongoose to rid the roof-space of the snake problems ... their return with an otter did not really meet the requirement, and our disappointment was countered with: “but you bet on snake-lah, always win!”

Morning All,
As per my post #68,303. Yesterday's quote on board outside local cafe.
Screenshot_20201023-103728_Photos.jpg

Kirkz

LE
I photographed a friends pack of rescue dogs; there's seven, but one's still traumatised from life prior to rescue and she just sat shaking and trying to hide from me, so she didn't come out to play.

'Mum's' a vet and a quality fell runner. In her younger days she came 3rd in some world championship sky running race thing. She's also the British record hold for the South Wales Traverse (78 hard miles across the Brecon Beacons). She's also mental.

Here's her mutts:

This is Hoppy; food possessed and my fav (he pick-pocketed treats out of my pocket when I wasn't looking):

IMG_2056 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This is Fleur; just a gentle greyhound:

IMG_2062 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This is Dennis; great with people, shit with any other animal (including wild boar which he's attacked and been gored by), which is why mum bought and fenced off a quarry for them:

IMG_2088 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

We tried a group photo but the dogs are bunch of chavs and uncontrollable:

IMG_2139 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Helen calls this 'zoomies':

IMG_2182 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This is Red, the saluki. He fvcking hates blokes. Every time I meet him the first ten minutes is spent fending him off.

IMG_2236 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This poor animal is covered in scars from dog bites and cigarette burns. She has some 'food thing' going on which was explained to me that before she was rescued she'd be attacked from other dogs at feeding times, so she doesn't like feeding times. She either runs, or grabs food and runs and tries to bury it. So putting weight on is a problem for her.

Some people deserve to be smashed with hammers.

IMG_4421 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

I photographed a friends pack of rescue dogs; there's seven, but one's still traumatised from life prior to rescue and she just sat shaking and trying to hide from me, so she didn't come out to play.

'Mum's' a vet and a quality fell runner. In her younger days she came 3rd in some world championship sky running race thing. She's also the British record hold for the South Wales Traverse (78 hard miles across the Brecon Beacons). She's also mental.

Here's her mutts:

This is Hoppy; food possessed and my fav (he pick-pocketed treats out of my pocket when I wasn't looking):

IMG_2056 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This is Fleur; just a gentle greyhound:

IMG_2062 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This is Dennis; great with people, shit with any other animal (including wild boar which he's attacked and been gored by), which is why mum bought and fenced off a quarry for them:

IMG_2088 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

We tried a group photo but the dogs are bunch of chavs and uncontrollable:

IMG_2139 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Helen calls this 'zoomies':

IMG_2182 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This is Red, the saluki. He fvcking hates blokes. Every time I meet him the first ten minutes is spent fending him off.

IMG_2236 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This poor animal is covered in scars from dog bites and cigarette burns. She has some 'food thing' going on which was explained to me that before she was rescued she'd be attacked from other dogs at feeding times, so she doesn't like feeding times. She either runs, or grabs food and runs and tries to bury it. So putting weight on is a problem for her.

Some people deserve to be smashed with hammers.

IMG_4421 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr
I marvel at your talent for photographing a dogs personality. It's uncanny.

Latest Threads