Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Gazelle pilots are ace.
Up until the point where those RN bastards in Lynx, with different minima made them look like jack bastards for being ‘rained off’. ;)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The sprogs have to take pumpkins in to school on Monday.

Of course I’m viewing this as a parenting competition.

Quite impressed with my handiwork.

78693B18-6D64-4467-8D21-5AB7C708391F.jpeg
BFB2AFF2-612B-4CEB-91E2-62E12B9196B7.jpeg

I thought I'd get out and photograph 'Autumn' today, so started with this thing which faces our house.

The steps (and our street) were built by WW1 German and Italian PoWs who were accommodated a short distance away in what is now a little industrial estate.

Some ex-REs may recognise it because our houses used to be the MQs for Beachley Barracks.

It's cut into the Offa's Dyke bank which faces our house.

IMG_4344 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Chepstow Castle with the Old Severn Bridge in the distance:

IMG_4336 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

I think these are Porcelain mushrooms:

IMG_4329-HDR by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This is a bit off the beaten track; it's towards the Roman harbour off the Wye Valley Walk. There's a path marked on a OS map, but there's no path there in reality. Saw a few deer but they were too quick for me to photograph. We've some magic forests around here.

IMG_4289 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Kirkz

LE
Chepstow Castle with the Old Severn Bridge in the distance:

IMG_4336 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

I think these are Porcelain mushrooms:

IMG_4329-HDR by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

This is a bit off the beaten track; it's towards the Roman harbour off the Wye Valley Walk. There's a path marked on a OS map, but there's no path there in reality. Saw a few deer but they were too quick for me to photograph. We've some magic forests around here.

IMG_4289 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr
Is there anything dead in those magic forests?

anglo

LE
These lights were bought in South Africa in 1976, the Mrs got them out to day,
plugged em in and, in working order,
we are having Christmas next week when our daughter comes home as she might not
make it in December, if she gets home in December we'll have another Christmas :)

P1550025.jpg

TBH guys, it really ought to have been scrapped...as most that get that far are.
However, it is SWMBOs, her car, her money, her decision and her Mum part bought it for her and enjoyed her OAP Driving Ms Daisy outings in it, so there's that. Come the day, SWMBO will get a wee run around but the Mx5 is staying ......:rolleyes:

@Ecosse

Strut.jpg

.... is that front suspension McPherson Strut ... it does look similar to what was on my MK2 GT Cortina ... common fault at the time was corrosion around the upper support shown in your photgraph resulting in the suspension punching through the bonnet .... nice piece of work done there

No bud.
What you describe however is what happened to both my Monza 3ltrs..one repaired , one scrapped.
All 5's ever made have "all round" coil-over adjustable wishbones. Without going anorak on you, 5's are famous for 1 major party piece...handling as the chassis is adjustable for track and road. Not a lot of power mind, but come the twisties like you have in your locale, bags of fun through sheer mechanical grip & handling. Brakes? Pah..just steer.
Even my old slapper makes a decent track fun toy.
Or it did make..till I spent (£££ cough) restoring it as well
( Shoosh)

Carbon 6

War Hero
No bud.
What you describe however is what happened to both my Monza 3ltrs..one repaired , one scrapped.
All 5's ever made have "all round" coil-over adjustable wishbones. Without going anorak on you, 5's are famous for 1 major party piece...handling as the chassis is adjustable for track and road. Not a lot of power mind, but come the twisties like you have in your locale, bags of fun through sheer mechanical grip & handling. Brakes? Pah..just steer.
Even my old slapper makes a decent track fun toy.
Or it did make..till I spent (£££ cough) restoring it as well
( Shoosh)

We've recently shoehorned this K-Miata prepped Acura engine into our 2003 NB. It should be a little flier once it's finished. We installed full race Xida suspension before the engine swap, it made a huge improvement.

Attachments

• IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1627.JPG
    IMG_1627.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

Latest Threads