Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

4Mercia

Crow
D1EE46CD-7708-483D-9833-B32683911E4C.jpeg

The best part of Autumn, is the conkers!

Kirkz

LE
When I bimbled out for my walk this morning, in the dark and rain, this bloke was stretched across the road:

View attachment 505789
View attachment 505790

Fifty-odd minutes later and it had been moved to the side of the road and a couple of hours later it had gone, doubtless for food and perhaps a nice pair of Italian shoes. It appears to be a reticulated python, paced out at three metres.
You could have at least cut its head off for me.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Daughter just moved to this place in East Sussex:
IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

View attachment 505792
The best part of Autumn, is the conkers!

Been falling for a while near where I live .... I think the most spectacular " fall / crop " of Conkers I have seen was near Melrose RFC Ground . Mrs B_R and I nearly filled two large plastic shopping bags with big ones for the kids in the village ... and our daughter who claims they keep Spiders at bay .

Last edited:
Our semi-feral rescue, who to be fair has calmed down a bit since we had his nads removed. But he's still quick to anger.

Fast too; too fast for my autofocus so will try some pre-focussing stuff on him the next time I wind him up; to try and get him sharp (he's slightly out of focus here).

And when I say 'wind him up' all I did was slip my hand under the duvet and wiggle my fingers; he savaged the duvet and then came up to give me a fishy hiss.

IMG_9944 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

joey88

Old-Salt
The location of the action where Lance - Sergeant John Baskeyfield VC of 2nd Battalion The South Staffordshire Regiment earned his decoration on 20th September 1944 in Oosterbeek.
The photo was taken last year, couldn't get over this year because of the Covid situation.
Seventy sixth anniversary, thought it would be appropriate to post it.
IMG_20200920_170244_118.jpg

Wor Lass (who I suspect was fantasising about digging my grave by the look on her mush):

P1011404-Edit by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Also agree some fine pics ... I see you to invested in an Aluminium lid for your BCB Crusader Cook Set ,,, we probably got them from the same supplier ... makes a big difference to boil time .

The location of the action where Lance - Sergeant John Baskeyfield VC of 2nd Battalion The South Staffordshire Regiment earned his decoration on 20th September 1944 in Oosterbeek.
The photo was taken last year, couldn't get over this year because of the Covid situation.
Seventy sixth anniversary, thought it would be appropriate to post it.View attachment 505960

I've just read his citation; what a guy!

Also agree some fine pics ... I see you to invested in an Aluminium lid for your BCB Crusader Cook Set ,,, we probably got them from the same supplier ... makes a big difference to boil time .

Yes, some guy from e-bay; great job too. I've a big 'lacky band that fits round it all and keeps it tidy.

I've had some use out of that this year and will no doubt get lots more; I spend quite a few weekends away photographing long ultramarathons (when corona' isn't stopping them) and it's great to be able to boil water for a brew or pot noodle over a long weekend in the middle of nowhere.

It's a shame they don't automatically come with one and the plastic one you can buy melts if you leave it on while boiling your water.

Yes, some guy from e-bay; great job too. I've a big 'lacky band that fits round it all and keeps it tidy.

I've had some use out of that this year and will no doubt get lots more; I spend quite a few weekends away photographing long ultramarathons (when corona' isn't stopping them) and it's great to be able to boil water for a brew or pot noodle over a long weekend in the middle of nowhere.

It's a shame they don't automatically come with one and the plastic one you can buy melts if you leave it on while boiling your water.

Mine was E Bay sourced ... he makes quite an array of lids and are a good quality product . .. I too use a huge 'lacky band and cannot understand why the as supplied Cooker is made with a " crappy " plastic lid which so easily melts .

Latest Threads