Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Multiply my one miserable allowed Excellent by 20 Sir.
As you were........>>>>>>>>>, dismissed.
I have posted that clip before on ARRSE ... I found it by chance on YouTube some time ago and have since heard the background music , Beethoven Symphony No 6 Pastoral . a couple of times on Classic FM ... as soon as it starts my " mind's eye " always sees the clouds in the opening sequence

More Falklands, Goose Green and the Argentinian War Cemetery this time.

IMG_2116.jpg
IMG_2116.jpg
IMG_2133.jpg
IMG_2160.jpg
IMG_2177.jpg
IMG_2178.jpg
IMG_2179.jpg

A quick question for peeps, need a compact weatherproof ( piccies in the rain ) camera. The mobile is not really the thing I'd use as mines not waterproof.
Any suggestions or reccomendation ?

A quick question for peeps, need a compact weatherproof ( piccies in the rain ) camera. The mobile is not really the thing I'd use as mines not waterproof.

I have had a Lumix compact camera for years. Good build quality and excellent lenses. The above is fully waterproof and will take the knocks.

I have had a Lumix compact camera for years. Good build quality and excellent lenses. The above is fully waterproof and will take the knocks.
Have a look here, you can get some good 2nd hand kit for the price of new.

Anything that shoots in RAW is good for me because I like to edit the images in lightroom and you can do much more with RAW files than you can with JPEG.

But do you really need a waterproof camera?

I've done fell races in winter with a compact Canon S90. I just put it in a plastic bag. Even in the rain it's fine to whip out and take a photo and then shove it back in the bag.

Or lashing snow:

IMG_2599 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Latest Threads