Arrsers self taken photo collection.

I had my first 'paid for' photography job since lockdown last week. It was a time trial, rather than a race where runners went off in a time-staggered format to enable social distancing.

One lad's job was purely to disinfect a gate handle.

Project_20200723_0002.jpg

Winnet

Old-Salt
Wor Lass took me on a long weekend's route march in and around the Gower peninsular:

This is the return from the Worm's Head:

IMG_1670 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Worm's Head in the distance taken from the bottom end of Rhosilli Beach:

IMG_1735 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Some islands from the Mumbles:

IMG_1784 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

A shipwreck on Rhosilli beach:

IMG_1535 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

A close up of the shipwreck with the Worm's Head in the background:

IMG_1688 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr
That is stunning. On your doorstep as well.

Last edited:
Trying to catch a bee in flight on the lavender in the garden. After several failed attempts, I finally got one.

View attachment 494249

A couple of others (just before take off)

View attachment 494250View attachment 494251
Superb photos.
As a complete aside, I saw my first hornet today (South Hampshire). Sure it was a regular hornet, as it was ginger and fluffy with the mad head.
I have got used to the other mental hornets, so a local took me by surprise.
But that’s life in Hampshire for you. Photos to follow, hopefully.

I find the photograph below ...

1596627957615.png

.... intriguing .... the two people going surfing could almost be ants carrying something back to a nest .... and do not lets us get into the Father Ted / Dougal perspective discussion .

anglo

LE
National Trust - Godrevy Cornwall

P1500405.jpg

Godrevy Lighthouse

P1500408.jpg
P1500427.jpg

GCHQ Bude
P1500430.jpg

Seals at Mutton Bay
P1500433.jpg
P1500436.jpg
P1500444.jpg

Hawk having a meal on cliff edge at Mutton Bay
P1500478.jpg
P1500482.jpg

Last edited:
I find the photograph below ...

View attachment 494687

.... intriguing .... the two people going surfing could almost be ants carrying something back to a nest .... and do not lets us get into the Father Ted / Dougal perspective discussion .
It's me trying to be 'arty'. I'm a Geordie; that doesn't come easily.

Lots of what bearded types call 'negative space' (all the sand). I positioned the ship and the surfers in the frame following the rule of thirds.

It's me trying to be 'arty'. I'm a Geordie; that doesn't come easily.

Lots of what bearded types call 'negative space' (all the sand). I positioned the ship and the surfers in the frame following the rule of thirds.
I certainly got the impression that some thought had gone into the composition .... even with my simplistic skills I often offset main subject to some effect . How far were you away from the Surfers ?

I certainly got the impression that some thought had gone into the composition .... even with my simplistic skills I often offset main subject to some effect . How far were you away from the Surfers ?
A good way away; I used the long end of a 70-200mm lens on a cropped body sensor (which gives a x1.5 increase in magnification).

For context I was stood at the top of Rhossili cliffs; this is the view with a 24mm lens down to the beach:

You can see the ship wreck on the beach if you look closely:

IMG_1680 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

RigPig

War Hero
Taken whilst up in Dundee. It's the steps leading up to the Tay road Bridge footpath, taken on the Dundee side.

RP.

20200805_190446.jpg

Latest Threads