Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

daz

LE
Lavernock Battery, Sully, Penarth
_DSC7487os.jpg

_DSC7491os.jpg

_DSC7493os.jpg

_DSC7496os.jpg

_DSC7500os.jpg

_DSC7503os.jpg

_DSC7505os.jpg

_DSC7507os.jpg

_DSC7515os.jpg

_DSC7517os.jpg

_DSC7520os.jpg

_DSC7523os.jpg

_DSC7526os.jpg

_DSC7529os.jpg

_DSC7531os.jpg

_DSC7536os.jpg

_DSC7539os.jpg

_DSC7541os.jpg

It's not until you walk around the UK coastline, that you realise the extent of the building of second world war battery's and coastal defences.
Quite what the war office thought was coming up the Bristol Channel, I don't know, but it shows how scared we were of invasion in '39, '40 and '41.

daz

LE
It's not until you walk around the UK coastline, that you realise the extent of the building of second world war battery's and coastal defences.
Quite what the war office thought was coming up the Bristol Channel, I don't know, but it shows how scared we were of invasion in '39, '40 and '41.
Goes back even further than that, it was a Palmerston Fort to start off with.

If anyone fancies looking into the sheer amount of defence works built in the UK during WW2, there's a plugin for Google Earth that's been recommended on here before by someone - it's labelled Extended Defence of Britain 18.1 and can be found here Downloads | The Pillbox Study Group Website.

mrboo

War Hero

A sneaky URBEX of a 145 year old Welsh Calvinist chapel. A great pity to see the building looking like this when once it stood tall and proud and was a focal point for the community but now it’s time is limited.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that ceiling rose would go just fine in my front room as i am missing one
Snap 2020-08-02 at 19.15.45.png

Dinning room

Snap 2020-08-02 at 19.16.28.png

BopBopBop

War Hero
Once again we had a strange visitor in the garden.

This Stag Beetle just came clicking along the terrace a couple of days ago. He is not the first of these we have had, one of them a few weeks ago was a bit bigger (About 15cm long) and totally shiny black. This one though is sort of reddish, which is a colour scheme we haven't seen before. He didn't want to keep still and cooperate when I was trying to photograph him, but you get the idea from these pics. Remarkably, there were a few instances where he tried to spread his wings, but it looked like they wouldn't have carried his weight. Still a scary thought though. Can you imagine something this size flying into your house or chasing you down a woodland track?

View attachment 494038
View attachment 494040

When I was in the cops at Kingston upon Thames I had to send two blokes to rescue a woman who had one of those parked on her doormat.

And on night duty at East Molsey, I locked one in the station officers petty cash box that should have been checked at changeover by the early turn.
I was expecting all sorts of retribution but never heard a thing.
Some innocent PC must have got stitched up for it.

daz

LE
A bit of drone flying in Hafren Forest Mid Wales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's cheating, I've got to hoof it up a mountain to get a view like that

Kirkz

LE
That's cheating, I've got to hoof it up a mountain to get a view like that
You could try sitting on a stick grenade.

daz

LE
_1120841os.jpg

_1120844os.jpg

_1120845os.jpg

_1120849os.jpg

_1120852os.jpg

_1120854os.jpg

_1120866os.jpg

Flat Holm Lighthouse........ about 4 miles from Lavernock Point
_1120861os.jpg

Daktari
over in @Cutaways country
View attachment 494169
Northern Cameroon - not so far from the preferred holiday destination of ISWAP?

I thought @Cutaway was East/Southern Africa.

On a technical note, this is a better use of the standard buggered Landrover parking method - kiddies play frame!

Latest Threads