Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

daz

LE
Sensor cleaned, test shots

_DSC6731os.jpg

_DSC6739os.jpg

_DSC6745os.jpg

_DSC6747os.jpg

_DSC6749os.jpg

_DSC6751os.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Glyphosate is stll allowed (Roundup), or try Weedol.
Have tried both, plus Resolva, in the last six months. Initially effective but the darned stuff comes back after a week or so. Digging out worked best, but you miss one tiny bit of root and they are back again.

How does Alan Titchmarsh manage on those programmes where he takes a weed-filled wilderness and creates a lovely garden in half an hour? Don't tell me the weeds are back once the cameras disappear.....

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Move house,
Just did!!!

Previous owners hacked back three years of brambles before they did a runner.

Their idea of gardening, apparently.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to be able to buy sodium chlorate powder? in bags years ago but don't know if it is still available. The only problem with it was that everything in the ground was burnt and the ground was barren for six months. It did work though when I had enough vegetable garden to rotate in three year cycles.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I think this is a lenticular cloud, happy to be corrected. That's the 'halo' effect at the top of what is probably bog-standard cumulus/ cumulo nimbus that I'm talking about.

Lenticular.jpg

, es
That sounds right, especially when you think the general public do not have to conform to any protocols re watercourses and so on, nor is there any onus on them re ppe etc.
I think the EU also buggered about with timber preservatives?
Luckily I got some weed killer from a local farmer. God knows what it is. It came in an old glass milk bottle with a cork in it. His instructions. One teaspoon per a gallon of water. Don't get it on your skin. Don't get it on anything you don't want to die and don't tell anyone you got it from me.
Bloody good stuff though. I used it 12 months ago, and absolutely nothing has grown where it was sprayed.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the EU also buggered about with timber preservatives?
Luckily I got some weed killer from a local farmer. God knows what it is. It came in an old glass milk bottle with a cork in it. His instructions. One teaspoon per a gallon of water. Don't get it on your skin. Don't get it on anything you don't want to die and don't tell anyone you got it from me.
Bloody good stuff though. I used it 12 months ago, and absolutely nothing has grown where it was sprayed.
About 10 or so years ago I cleaned the grill from my Weber kettle BBQ on the lawn with some diluted Cillit Bang. The grill came up lovely and nothing grew in that patch for about two years. Very effective!

Siberian hamster? :)
.... and famously appeared in one of only twelve episodes made of a TV series ... each one a gem .

Last edited:
Breakfast done in garden today
Rob2 breakfast.jpg
rob1 breakfast.jpg
Rob2 breakfast.jpg
rob1 breakfast.jpg

Latest Threads