Arrsers self taken photo collection.

This little thing was in our pond a couple of weeks ago. He's been before. We think he was looking for frogs and tadpoles, even though he is only about a foot long.

snake 1 cropped.jpg

snake 2 cropped.jpg

daz

LE
Some photos from the garden. Not all today, but this one and the last set are.

I was extending our sprinkler system today and this fella decided to come and give me hand.

View attachment 487961

Looks like a painting to me. Absolutely beautiful!
peacock butterfly ??

Sometimes this pair show up. One day my wife saw them performing the courting dance then getting jiggy with it. Sadly she didn't have her camera to hand. We mostly find them floating about on the pond first thing in the morning.

duck.jpg

Again today, we saw this thing fluttering around, which is pretty unusual in the daytime. Then he landed in a bush and started climbing up and down the branches. Eventually he broke cover and tried to head home. First he headed across the terrace and then, after stopping for a wee drink, climbed the wall to head back out. You don't see this every day.

bat cropped.jpg

bat drinking cropped.jpg

bat climbing cropped.jpg

I also made a couple of videos, but don't know how to share them.

daz

LE
Tree rats..... living somewhere dark and gloomy, Fforest Fawr

Had to drop the setting down to F3.8, 800 ISO, 1/20 not ideal settings for snapping the little shits

_DSC6681os.jpg

_DSC6686os.jpg

_DSC6691os.jpg

_DSC6693os.jpg

_DSC6694os.jpg

_DSC6695os.jpg

_DSC6700os.jpg

_DSC6702os.jpg

Last edited:

daz

LE
Again today, we saw this thing fluttering around, which is pretty unusual in the daytime. Then he landed in a bush and started climbing up and down the branches. Eventually he broke cover and tried to head home. First he headed across the terrace and then, after stopping for a wee drink, climbed the wall to head back out. You don't see this every day.

View attachment 487978
View attachment 487979
View attachment 487980

Upload them to youtube or your host site of choice, then post the link here via the media tab

daz

LE
Very nice, but a few questions.
Handheld or tripod, Image stabilization?
Why not up ISO another stop
Wobbly tripod, I really need to fix it at some stage. There's no image stabilization in the Nex settings for a manual lens, that's only available on their bespoke or 3rd party AF lenses.

The next ISO setting up is 3200. I just checked and was on 1600 rather than 800, I must have dialled it further up than I thought - I tend to try and keep the ISO down to 400 or less as a general rule to cut down on the noise

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 487978
View attachment 487979
View attachment 487980

You haven’t got any Chinese neighbours, have you? :)

Latest Threads