Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Dahlias and friends today in Garden
2020-07-05 003 (1).jpg
2020-07-05 006 (1).jpg

anglo

LE
You have forgotten the butter. If the order offends you I suggest you make them up as a sandwich and turn them over.
You don't have butter on a cream tea, the cream takes the place of butter
I married an expert on such things, a Cornish girl :):rolleyes:

Kirkz

LE
Apart from Devon and Cornwall, nobody else gives a fuck.

First car boot since lock down today, found this in a box under a stall...

View attachment 483755
Knew a Cpl in the Signals in about 1985, good guy but hated the Army so PVRD.

One funny thing was he has the hairiest chest/neck I had / have ever seen, even told on Monday morning parades a few times by the SSM to. Shave that monkey off your chest.

Funny thing was a few years later we all got a booklet, basic battle skills. One of the Army “models” in many of the photos was the same man. Seemed he missed the mob and became a TA warrior.

daz

LE
Melincwrt Waterfalls again, this time the top trail, a nice early morning walk**

_1120051os.jpg

_DSC6560os.jpg

_1120046os.jpg

_DSC6576os.jpg

_DSC6535os.jpg

_DSC6575os.jpg

_1120063os.jpg

_1120062os.jpg

_1120064os.jpg

** If you like slogging up a wet, Welsh hillside when most normal people are tucked up in bed

daz

LE
Lower trail

_DSC6586os.jpg

_DSC6587os.jpg

_DSC6589os.jpg

_DSC6569os.jpg

_DSC6583os.jpg

_DSC6570os.jpg

_DSC6585os.jpg

_DSC6537os.jpg

_1120074os.jpg

_1120081os.jpg

Nice pics so Mrs WS's hard work paying off. Niceties to one side the important question now arises:

Is it :-
Scone - Jam - Cream
or
Scone-Cream-Jam

Your whole credibility lies in this simple questions.
You know, I was thinking along the same lines myself at teatime. I was brought up in Devon, and was well aware of the debate. So I carried out some basic scientific research.

I had two scones, so four halfs. (Yes, I am a pig)

The first one was scone, then jam, then cream
The second one was scone, then cream, then jam.
The third was as the first.
The fourth was as the second.

And definitely NO butter on any of them.

The result was startling. They all tasted exactly the same.

So I reckon my credibility is shot to hell with supporters of both sides of the argument, and additionally with the heretics who advocate butter.

Much more important, though, is the debate as to whether it is pronounced skon or skone.

(And no faffing with skoon, @Auld-Yin !)
:rolleyes:

On the Cream Scone debate ... we used to visit a " Posh Cafe " where the Cream Teas were served with Chantilly Cream and very nice too .... some from the deep South may think it is the equivalent of eating Peas off your knife at a Mess Bash .... but each to his own .

On the Cream Scone debate ... we used to visit a " Posh Cafe " where the Cream Teas were served with Chantilly Cream and very nice too .... some from the deep South may think it is the equivalent of eating Peas off your knife at a Mess Bash .... but each to his own .
I eat my peas with honey..............

Kirkz

LE

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You know, I was thinking along the same lines myself at teatime. I was brought up in Devon, and was well aware of the debate. So I carried out some basic scientific research.

I had two scones, so four halfs. (Yes, I am a pig)

The first one was scone, then jam, then cream
The second one was scone, then cream, then jam.
The third was as the first.
The fourth was as the second.

And definitely NO butter on any of them.

The result was startling. They all tasted exactly the same.

So I reckon my credibility is shot to hell with supporters of both sides of the argument, and additionally with the heretics who advocate butter.

Much more important, though, is the debate as to whether it is pronounced skon or skone.

(And no faffing with skoon, @Auld-Yin !)
:rolleyes:
Well said!

It is without the slightest doubt 'skon'.

Skoon, as we all know is, Scone, where the English stole the Stone of Destiny from!

Kirkz

LE
Well said!

It is without the slightest doubt 'skon'.

Skoon, as we all know is, Scone, where the English stole the Stone of Destiny from!
I concur.
Any other pronunciation and the fastest cake in the world joke wouldn't work.

NSP

LE

daz

LE
Sundown......should have @Kirkz swapping the bed :)

_DSC6596os.jpg

_DSC6597os.jpg

_DSC6602os.jpg

_DSC6610os.jpg

_DSC6615os.jpg

_DSC6621os.jpg

_DSC6625os.jpg