Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Not taken by self but by daughter .... we do a Family Calendar every year chosen from all our photographs from the previous year ... this July taken when she visited Blenheim Palace ... impressive ... well I think so ...

BP.jpg

Last edited:

daz

LE
Just a tad cloudy tonight

_DSC6454os.jpg

_DSC6455os.jpg

_DSC6458os.jpg

_DSC6459os.jpg

_DSC6461os.jpg

_DSC6464os.jpg

_DSC6465os.jpg

_DSC6468os.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
St George's Church, Arreton, Isle of Wight.

Beautiful old church, partly Norman but also containing a section of Saxon wall.

Interesting memorial in the churchyard to William Reed of Arreton. The stone appears fairly modern and less worn than the majority of other gravestones and memorials, so I'll have to carry out a bit of research.

The historical connection reminded me of my school history master* , who told us that when he was quite young he had met an old man whose father had fought at Waterloo. It sounded improbable to us schoolboys, but it was actually quite possible if the Waterloo veteran had sired a lad in his later life.

* Some might remember RS when he was senior lecturer in political and social studies, RMAS Sandhurst. Also an author and did a bit of exploring with Blashers. And was a contestant on Mastermind!

2020 St George's Arreton July 2.jpg
2020 Reed memorial July 2.jpg

daz

LE
Brew view
IMG_20200704_111801-01.jpeg

daz

LE
Melincwrt Waterfalls

_1120032os.jpg

_DSC6478os.jpg

_DSC6480os.jpg

_DSC6484os.jpg

_DSC6487os.jpg

_DSC6489os.jpg

_DSC6491os.jpg

daz

LE
Lovely images
Ta, most of the skyward shots did not come out............ rather a lot of water flying around the place :)

Latest Threads