Arrsers self taken photo collection.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Ah, but this is the newer, cleaner, Greta-pleasing Buncefield. They've gone all touchy-feely since the last set of fun and games. Honest...
I shall ignore you if you're going to use dirty words like that though it didn't actually look that clean.
Buncefield.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
One way of improving the look of Hertfordshire, I s'pose.
Actually they did clean it up a bit

recent buncefield.jpg

but a friend who works that way says a lot of insurance claims are still being fought over.

That morning I was lying in bed having just got back from a long haul trip and the blast shook my windows and had me leap out of bed.
I live in North London, maybe thirty miles away.
My daughter was within spitting distance, so when the location came through on the news I was worried and phoned her.
She was in her student days and woke up bleary eyed to the call, hadn't heard a thing. The excuse was a party the night before.
They heard it in Holland and Belgium FFS.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
That morning I was lying in bed having just got back from a long haul trip and the blast shook my windows and had me leap out of bed.
My daughter was within spitting distance, so when the location came through on the news I was worried and phoned her.
She was in her student days and woke up bleary eyed to the call, hadn't heard a thing. The excuse was a party the night before.
It was odd but because of the topography a friend in Berkhamsted never even heard it and because it was a Sunday didn't know anything about it until he went down the pub at lunchtime.

It was lucky it went off over a weekend. The amount of glass fronted offices in the neighbouring business parks would have notched up the casualty list

daz

LE
Tresilian Bay Beach Defences P1
_DSC6333os.jpg

_DSC6335os.jpg

_DSC6336os.jpg

View from the pillbox roof
_DSC6337os.jpg

_DSC6338os.jpg

_DSC6346os.jpg

_DSC6349os.jpg

_DSC6359os.jpg

_DSC6368os.jpg

_DSC6369os.jpg

_DSC6370os.jpg

_DSC6375os.jpg

_DSC6376os.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
A few from our trip to Kilver Court yesterday. We'll be back at another time of year because it's beautiful there.
arches 1.jpg
arches 2.JPG
duck.jpg
fatsia.JPG
fungus.JPG
honeysuckle 2.JPG
honeysuckle.JPG
pine bark.JPG
pine trunk.JPG
pond.JPG
reflections.JPG
rose.JPG
stream.JPG
thistle.JPG
tiles.JPG
view 1.JPG
view.JPG

daz

LE

daz

LE
Tresilian Bay Bimble P1, Mostly shot with the Nex-3/Super Paragon PMC II 28mm F/2.8 Macro combo after the other lens got soaked

_DSC6330os.jpg

_DSC6340os.jpg

_DSC6345os.jpg

_DSC6350os.jpg

_DSC6356os.jpg

_DSC6364os.jpg

_DSC6365os.jpg

_DSC6367os.jpg

_DSC6371os.jpg

_DSC6373os.jpg

_DSC6374os.jpg

_DSC6379os.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Note to self, really, really need to go there :) cracking shots BTW
You should. Avoid the designer shopping cr@p and head for the gardens, which were started to provide a nice place for employees of the lace mill that was there. It's so peaceful that you wouldn't know that you were in a busy town.

The garden centre was selling top quality plants at sensible prices, if that's your thing. The staff were all friendly and helpful, knowledgeable about the building, its history and the gardens themselves.

I left my wellies in the car park though :-(

Thanks for the compliment. From you that's praise indeed.

The parish church at Whitwell, Isle of Wight, this afternoon. Not sure if the weeds are the responsibility of the local road authority (Island Roads), the Parochial Church Council or the Parish Council - but something should be done. For a start, people could see the old village pump more easily!

The church in Whitwell was really two chapels side by side. Each related to a different manor and parish. The earlier was St Rhadegund, built in the 12th century( closer to the camera); the smaller St Mary was added to the south by around 1200.

St Rhadegund was apparently a German princess from about the 6th century.

2020 Whitwell church June 28.jpg
2020 Whitwell parish pump June 28.jpg

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
The parish church at Whitwell, Isle of Wight, this afternoon. Not sure if the weeds are the responsibility of the local road authority (Island Roads), the Parochial Church Council or the Parish Council - but something should be done. For a start, people could see the old village pump more easily!

The church in Whitwell was really two chapels side by side. Each related to a different manor and parish. The earlier was St Rhadegund, built in the 12th century( closer to the camera); the smaller St Mary was added to the south by around 1200.

St Rhadegund was apparently a German princess from about the 6th century.

View attachment 485627View attachment 485628
we had a few of those old pumps near us
all of them gone
liberated by the travelling community

daz

LE
You should. Avoid the designer shopping cr@p and head for the gardens, which were started to provide a nice place for employees of the lace mill that was there. It's so peaceful that you wouldn't know that you were in a busy town.

The garden centre was selling top quality plants at sensible prices, if that's your thing. The staff were all friendly and helpful, knowledgeable about the building, its history and the gardens themselves.

I left my wellies in the car park though :-(

Thanks for the compliment. From you that's praise indeed.
A cunning plan, dump the other half in the shops and bugger off around the gardens, jobs a good un :)

daz

LE
Tresilian Bay Beach Defences P2 - Lumix DMC-FZ82 Bridge Camera

_1110938os.jpg

_1110941os.jpg

_1110943os.jpg

_1110945os.jpg

_1110962os.jpg

_1110964os.jpg

_1110980os.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
A cunning plan, dump the other half in the shops and bugger off around the gardens, jobs a good un :)
For a Bonus, the coffee shop could be your RV when you're both finished. She can treat you to lunch!

Last edited:

daz

LE
For a Bonus, the coffee shop could be your RV when you're both finished. She can treat you to lunch!
Works for me....and as an added bonus, it's not the Cotswolds ;)

Latest Threads