Arrsers self taken photo collection.

NSP

LE
interestingly only a couple of hundred metres away are the foundations of a POW Camp for Italian Prisoners who helped work the land on surrounding Farms
There's a storage yard a mile or so down the road from me with half-cylinder profile huts that was part of a larger PoW compound that housed both Italian and German PoWs. The Germans were kept firmly locked up in their section of the camp for being a security risk but the Italians were allowed to virtually come and go as they pleased - as long as they put their shift in in the orchards every day. They couldn't give a toss about the war or fascism and were just happy to be somewhere they wouldn't be shot at, bombed or oppressed by their own mob and - well; let's just say that you can see a lot of Italian-sounding names in the local telephone directory.

Cavuman

Swinger
I very much enjoy your "Today's Walk" photos, DaveDaffe! Not too long ago I was active, but now I am laid low by end-stage COPD. Oxygen 24/7, a cornucopia of drugs and inhalers, and winded by a 20-foot walk to the kitchen to get a cold beer from the 'fridge. That's what 49 years of pack-a-day will get you, right?

Yet I do so miss the forest with its clean aromas, majestic silence, powerful rivers and streams, shadows and sunlight, and bird calls. A good dog by one's side would complete the daydream.

Your pictures remind me of that, Sir. I immerse myself within them and feel young and refreshed for a treasured moment or two! I hope MiniDaffe accompanies you on your perambulations with frequency. Thank you.

- Ed

I very much enjoy your "Today's Walk" photos, DaveDaffe! Not too long ago I was active, but now I am laid low by end-stage COPD. Oxygen 24/7, a cornucopia of drugs and inhalers, and winded by a 20-foot walk to the kitchen to get a cold beer from the 'fridge. That's what 49 years of pack-a-day will get you, right?

Yet I do so miss the forest with its clean aromas, majestic silence, powerful rivers and streams, shadows and sunlight, and bird calls. A good dog by one's side would complete the daydream.

Your pictures remind me of that, Sir. I immerse myself within them and feel young and refreshed for a treasured moment or two! I hope MiniDaffe accompanies you on your perambulations with frequency. Thank you.

- Ed
Sorry to hear you aren't able to get out for a walk, must be particularly tough on you in this lovely weather right now.

I am trying to make up for 8 weeks of barely leaving the house and I was overweight before that so now Iam trying to do a few miles every day and also after 35 years have given up coke and switched to Pepsi Max.

Mini Daffe does indeed accompany me when I can get her out of the house :)

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

daz

LE
Sorry to hear you aren't able to get out for a walk, must be particularly tough on you in this lovely weather right now.

I am trying to make up for 8 weeks of barely leaving the house and I was overweight before that so now Iam trying to do a few miles every day and also after 35 years have given up coke and switched to Pepsi Max.

Mini Daffe does indeed accompany me when I can get her out of the house :)

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
Try black coffee instead, no sugar mind you :)

daz

LE
Llandow, the arrow was where I was standing

Llandow.jpg

Type 22 Pillbox
_1110006os.jpg

_1110012os.jpg

Stanton shelter

_1110011os.jpg

_1110032os.jpg

LAA site or whats left

_1110023os.jpg

At long last the first large Poppy ... many more to come .... the Bees love them ...

20200527_084717 WL.jpg

I do like a good dry stone wall. That’s some top work right there.
I must admit I too was impressed ... especially with the way the wall had been capped ... never seen that style before .

Latest Threads