Arrsers self taken photo collection.

'kin Hell! That corporal of airmen looks unnatural with that sunny disposition. Almost looks like a waxworks figure. A little less sun lamp, I think.

RAF Cpl.jpg

anglo

LE
'kin Hell! That corporal of airmen looks unnatural with that sunny disposition. Almost looks like a waxworks figure. A little less sun lamp, I think.

View attachment 459084
It started as in the photo below, it's a photo taken in war time in black and white and as been
automatically colourized on line, not bad for something done automatically,
you would have known that if you had read and understood this thread

restore 0019.jpg

It started as in the photo below, it's a photo taken in war time in black and white and as been
automatically colourized on line, not bad for something done automatically,
you would have known that if you had read and understood this thread

View attachment 459093
Well, no shit, Sherlock. I am familiar with the concept of colorized photos, and I did understand the earlier posts. Don't bother responding as I won't be sucked into a handbag fight.

daz

LE
Today's in isolation wildlife challenge

_DSC3319os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3320os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3321os (Custom).jpg

A warm ration after a day of eating sand. And not just any ration, a Veau Marengo (Marengo veal).

This dish is named after the small village of Marengo, in Italian Piedmont.

On June 14, 1800, Bonaparte had just won a battle against the Austrians. There was not much left in the camp kitchens and Napoleon began to feel hungry. To satisfy him, Dunand, in charge of his table, served him what he could find: sautéed chicken in olive oil with tomatoes and garlic, served with fried eggs, crayfish and bread croutons.
Napoleon really liked it and asked to have that dish served again in the future.

Over time, Dunand replaced the chicken with sautéed veal, the crayfish with mushrooms and the fried eggs with glazed onions and half a glass of white wine. From the original dish, he kept the sauce he called "Marengo sauce", in memory of Bonaparte's victory.

RCIR.jpg

Last edited:
A warm ration after a day of eating sand. And not just any ration, a Veau Marengo (Marengo veal).

This dish is named after the small village of Marengo, in Italian Piedmont.

On June 14, 1800, Bonaparte had just won a battle against the Austrians. There was not much left in the camp kitchens and Napoleon began to feel hungry. To satisfy him, Dunand, in charge of his table, served him what he could find: sautéed chicken in olive oil with tomatoes and garlic, served with fried eggs, crayfish and bread croutons.
Napoleon really liked it and asked to have that dish served again in the future.

Over time, Dunand replaced the chicken with sautéed veal, the crayfish with mushrooms and the fried eggs with glazed onions and half a glass of white wine. From the original dish, he kept the sauce he called "Marengo sauce", in memory of Bonaparte's victory.

View attachment 459165
Marengo was also the name of Napoleon's horse.

The dog taking this isolation business seriously!

20200324_150152-1612x1209.jpg

Some shots taken around the house, not particularly recent.

20190329_182355.jpg

20190403_062631.jpg

20190405_110610a.jpg

daz

LE
Batsford Arboretum
P1070829.jpg
P1070831.jpg
P1070836.jpg
P1070837.jpg
P1070839.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date