Arrsers self taken photo collection.

At first glance, I thought that was the Ballymoney Road North of Ballymena in County Antrim. The trees were planted in that way to allow their roots to support the road as it passed through a peat bog.
The crashed car reminded me of several accidents that occurred there. It was discovered that, depending on the angle of the sun on bright days, the spacing of the trees would give a strobe-like effect which would induce an effect similar to an epileptic fit in certain drivers.
"The Frosses Trees" and the lengths of road that they support have been retained as lay-bys on the new A26 dualling. I stopped in the them the a while back to search for a CD. Its difficult to believe it was A Road.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
"The Frosses Trees" and the lengths of road that they support have been retained as lay-bys on the new A26 dualling. I stopped in the them the a while back to search for a CD. Its difficult to believe it was A Road.
Cheers mate. I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the name of that stretch of road.
Did you hear the story of the fella who took a JCB into that moss and sunk it? IIRC, they gave up trying to dig it out after losing the third JCB.

Cheers mate. I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the name of that stretch of road.
Did you hear the story of the fella who took a JCB into that moss and sunk it? IIRC, they gave up trying to dig it out after losing the third JCB.
Thats a new one on me but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

daz

LE
Found a place to avoid the plague..... just need a working Bren and a load of ammo to defend the last toilet roll

_DSC3245os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3249os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3251os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3273os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3233os (Custom).jpg

Attachments

NSP

LE
I have 5 Hard drives going back to 2007, added to that, a lot of photos that have been scanned in
going back to when they used a chisel on a tablet of stone
Examples
WW2, SWMBOs family

View attachment 458654

Same Airman later

View attachment 458655
May I play with them? Results will appear for collection on the colourisation thread. Post any background on unit, period etc. to help me research the correct colours there, please.

Please note that there is a slight backlog as I've some Mossie nose art ahead in the queue. I can assure service users that the delay is not due to the effing virus!!

For future reference subjects that ArRSers specifically would like to be given a dose of colourising may (should?) be posted to the colourisation thread and I or other enthusiasts wanting to try their hand will pick them up there and put them in the queue. I'll have a crack any day of the week but if any other ArRSers want to give it a whizz I've posted a link to a basic tutorial in one of the recent posts on that thread.

NSP

LE
What good is anti bacterial hand gel against a virus?
If it's alcohol-based at 60%+ apparently it's pretty lethal. However, it seems the virus has a lipoid shell (fats, basically) which is why bog-standard soap is so good. Soap does what to fats and greases? Exactly...

I'm tempted to buy shares in Fairy Liquid before the penny drops.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

anglo

LE
May I play with them? Results will appear for collection on the colourisation thread. Post any background on unit, period etc. to help me research the correct colours there, please.

Please note that there is a slight backlog as I've some Mossie nose art ahead in the queue. I can assure service users that the delay is not due to the effing virus!!

For future reference subjects that ArRSers specifically would like to be given a dose of colourising may (should?) be posted to the colourisation thread and I or other enthusiasts wanting to try their hand will pick them up there and put them in the queue. I'll have a crack any day of the week but if any other ArRSers want to give it a whizz I've posted a link to a basic tutorial in one of the recent posts on that thread.
You're welcome to the photos, do as you wish with them, the airman is my wives uncle,
we stay with him in Australia, he wouldn't talk about his war service, so we didn't push
it, since then he's gone to the big airfield in the sky

daz

LE
That brick pillbox, the scenery in the background looks very familiar. Where is it.
Just off the roundabout a Pyle/North Cornelly on the A48 , it's about 350-400 yards across the road from the layby

Thh hi is has just come up on my faceache. I screen shorted this 5 years ago.

E87636DC-EFAA-45A7-A25D-C75CC77F8196.jpeg

Nick Millman.

hmm

daz

LE
Ahhh. I used to drive down through there to go fishing. That's why it looks familiar.
Looking towards Port Talbot, there's another bunker heading into North Cornelly I'll get around to doing at some stage
_DSC3263os_edited.jpg

anglo

LE

Thought I'd give it a go

F2jb7NWT.jpg
HgZybjrI.jpg

anglo

LE
'Kin 'ell. Nay bad, nay bad at all. Bung 'em on the colourisation thread!!
No mate, I cheated, I put them on a colourisation jobbie on line
Some photos it makes a decent job of, but others are rubbish

Latest Threads