Arrsers self taken photo collection.

I used to work in the only southern branch of Jessops back in the day, and that converter was a very expensive piece of kit.
I really must have a good root around and find my old glass. I have, somewhere a mint 300 5.6 sp macro that cost me over £200 quid even with staff discount.
As soon as i do I will pm you about the Vivitar 90.
Shum confusion, I think.

daz

LE

daz

LE
I used to work in the only southern branch of Jessops back in the day, and that converter was a very expensive piece of kit.
I really must have a good root around and find my old glass. I have, somewhere a mint 300 5.6 sp macro that cost me over £200 quid even with staff discount.
As soon as i do I will pm you about the Vivitar 90.
Just picked up one of these to bugger about with for £2.20 plus postage :)

Vivitar Auto Telephoto 300mm f1:5.6 M42

s-l640.jpg

There's 4 in total, all different ........must be a cheap deal on remnant stock :)
The one with the structure on the upperside of the nacelle remind me of ones that were intended to compress air to be stored underground and "dispatched" as needed in Nebraska or somewhere.

Just picked up one of these to bugger about with for £2.20 plus postage :)

Vivitar Auto Telephoto 300mm f1:5.6 M42

View attachment 458421
When I was in the trade, I used to think that I was making a sound investment by buying decent gear. A UV/skylight filter for that lens would have set me back about five times what you paid for it. Should have focused on old Leica and rollies. You can even pick up old Hassleblads for peanuts now.

daz

LE
When I was in the trade, I used to think that I was making a sound investment by buying decent gear. A UV/skylight filter for that lens would have set me back about five times what you paid for it. Should have focused on old Leica and rollies. You can even pick up old Hassleblads for peanuts now.
I work on the principal that at some stage I'm either going to drop it, or face- palm it and myself into the floor again, coupled with the occasional drenching, hence the cheap and cheerful lens :)

What we need is more windmills .........................................just not when viewed from the garden

Pissing about with a Tamron SP 2X Tele-Converter Model 01F, made sometime between 1979 & 1999 coupled with a equally elderly Tamron Adaptall-2 80-210mm f/3.8-4 (103A) last produced in 1986 , while on lock down View attachment 458353

View attachment 458354

View attachment 458355

View attachment 458356
I went through a phase of playing about with old glass. Some of it was fungused; I think that makes an image lose contrast.

The two lenses I did like was the Canon fd 50mm f/1.4 and the Vivitar 90mm f/2.8 macro. The latter is very nice; there's a few different versions and some are considered better than others. You can tell which version you have by it's serial no.

I wasn't much into macro though so sold it on.

daz

LE
Sunrise - Tamron Adaptall-2 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 - Nikon D3100

Remember next time, take the right size tripod plate :(

_DSC3211os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3216os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3217os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3217os_1 (Custom).jpg

_DSC3221os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3222os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3223os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3224os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3226os (Custom).jpg

_DSC3228os (Custom).jpg

Before things went really grim 3 weeks back, I ran a joke "auction" in the car OC forum.
Pretty much a competition to who could think up the most stupid one.
Sad to say, actually got a couple of "serious" offers.
I've taken it down.
Things...have changed.

Last edited:

Latest Threads