Arrsers self taken photo collection.

BopBopBop

War Hero
The Torr Head Road was one of my favourite Sunday morning motorcycle rides. I used to climb up to the old Coastguard station and have lunch, looking out over the sea. One day, I'd love to do it again.
Was up at the coastguard station last summer. I looked over the wall to the sea at the bottom of the cliff.

There was something black and enormous on the surface but by the time my old eyeballs had focused it had submerged.

It was twice the size of any of the seals I have seen, not a clue what It was.
I'm putting it down as the Torr Head sea monster.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
Was up at the coastguard station last summer. I looked over the wall to the sea at the bottom of the cliff.

There was something black and enormous on the surface but by the time my old eyeballs had focused it had submerged.

It was twice the size of any of the seals I have seen, not a clue what It was.
I'm putting it down as the Torr Head sea monster.
There's been lots of basking sharks seen off the North Antrim coast. They are monsters.

Thats a famous bit of water.

In the garden this morning:

20200218_110312a.jpg

E2A: a little research tells me that it is (was) Cerambycid Beetle or Longhorn Beetle, Aristobia approximator

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

HHH

GCM
Taken at Eastnor Castle, south of the Malverns in Sept or Oct, at a wedding...... a gay wedding if the truth be told. A truely awesome location. It was a bloody cold night following a sunny day, had I gone on my Triumph I'd have frozen on the way home.
Proper rural England.
20190907_193144.jpg

Taken at Eastnor Castle, south of the Malverns in Sept or Oct, at a wedding...... a gay wedding if the truth be told. A truely awesome location. It was a bloody cold night following a sunny day, had I gone on my Triumph I'd have frozen on the way home.
Proper rural England.
View attachment 450790
I blagged a day there with The Land Rover Experience.Good time as I recall.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mercurydancer COVID-19 206
NSP The NAAFI Bar 117
A The NAAFI Bar 179

Latest Threads