Arrsers self taken photo collection.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
View attachment 449762

This impressive mural is in Lisbon, not far from the Army Museum, which is well worth a visit.
Absolutely fantastic apart from the narcissism of the overlarge signature, otherwise it looks a work of art rather than "graffiti".

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
Absolutely fantastic apart from the narcissism of the overlarge signature, otherwise it looks a work of art rather than "graffiti".
We spent three weeks in Portugal last year and were amazed with the amount of graffiti all over the country, particularly on the sides of railway tracks. We took the train from Lisbon to Sintra and it seemed that every square inch of the trackside was covered with graffiti, some of it spectacular.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
We spent three weeks in Portugal last year and were amazed with the amount of graffiti all over the country, particularly on the sides of railway tracks. We took the train from Lisbon to Sintra and it seemed that every square inch of the trackside was covered with graffiti, some of it spectacular.
Most of it sounds better than Italy where the graffiti is generally to be deplored.
Sorrento graffiti.jpg

Waiting for Mrs OB to pick me up from the station last night . Noticed a few “changes” to the side of one of the old Mussolini era railway buildings.

19BE5F2A-FAB1-400C-B414-AAE7C7E0638D.jpeg
A5F1E5A7-0253-4276-8340-FF0E446DB18B.jpeg

I’m thinking .50 cal from an American fighter .

Taken from top of St. Mary's tower on a wet,murky yesterday. RMS St. Helena being eased into Cammel Lairds by 4 tugs.....no power/dead ship.
2020-02-14 044 (1).jpg

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
IMG_0839.JPG

Dawn at Leamington, Southern Ontario. My lad setting off for a day's crop spraying with his Robinson R44.
The low-lying mist over the fields is caused by the lake effect; it's known as advection fog, I believe.

St Mary’s is a stunningly beautiful place - especially considering the neighbourhood. My dad worked at Lairds for a fair portion of his life and he doesn’t even know it exists.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They have made the Tower a memorial to everyone who went down on HMS Thetis names on plaques on every step.eg.....
lairds plaque.jpg

daz

LE
Arrse duty transport
1090994-01.jpeg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 14
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 146
A The NAAFI Bar 179

Latest Threads