Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Visited what was 12 Armoured Workshop REME in Osnabrück yesterday (25th January). Couldn't get in unfortunately but pulled up by the main entrance and recognised the guard room with the clock tower on top. Do you remember it @AlienFTM .
Also found the old block of flats that I lived in at Belm. I left in 1980.

20200125_154123.jpg
20200125_120205.jpg

Kirkz

LE

Was that taken with a different lens or is the building really wider at the top?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Was that taken with a different lens or is the building really wider at the top?
Different lens, I used to live in that block when I was posted to Traz and they deffo ain't that funky.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Visited what was 12 Armoured Workshop REME in Osnabrück yesterday (25th January). Couldn't get in unfortunately but pulled up by the main entrance and recognised the guard room with the clock tower on top. Do you remember it @AlienFTM .
Also found the old block of flats that I lived in at Belm. I left in 1980.

View attachment 445891View attachment 445892
Belm still looks sh¡t. When Alien Minor 2 came along and the estate office tried to "upgrade" us to a C type quarter with one year of the tour left, a polite "fúck off" ensured we stayed in the hovel we'd about made bearable over two years in Dodesheide. Despite an RAF bomb or two threatening to level it.

Kinda depressing seeing yet another of my barracks derelict though. Even if it wasn't much better occupied.

Kirkz

LE
Belm still looks sh¡t. When Alien Minor 2 came along and the estate office tried to "upgrade" us to a C type quarter with one year of the tour left, a polite "fúck off" ensured we stayed in the hovel we'd about made bearable over two years in Dodesheide. Despite an RAF bomb or two threatening to level it.

Kinda depressing seeing yet another of my barracks derelict though. Even if it wasn't much better occupied.
I concur, I was gutted to discover Birdwood no longer exists.
Though I was pleasantly surprised to find Norton Manor where I was a Junior sodya is still there and now has 40 Commando in residence when I went past it a few years back.

Last edited:

daz

LE
Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall....................................... needs rebuilding, just not by @MrBane for obvious reasons.

Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall (3) (Custom).jpg

Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall (13) (Custom).jpg

Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall (16) (Custom).jpg

Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall (35) (Custom).jpg

Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall (39) (Custom).jpg

NSP

LE
Though I was pleasantly surprised to find Norton Manor where I was a Junior sodya is still there and now has 40 Commando in residence when I went past it a few years back.
No charge.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

daz

LE
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 14
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 146
A The NAAFI Bar 179

Latest Threads