Arrsers self taken photo collection.

daz

LE
Kirkstone Pass last weekend on the way back from Jockland.....Glasgow should be nuked from orbit BTW

Kirkstone Pass (1) (Custom).jpg

Kirkstone Pass (2) (Custom).jpg

Kirkstone Pass (5) (Custom).jpg

Kirkstone Pass (6) (Custom).jpg

Kirkstone Pass (9) (Custom).jpg

Kirkstone Pass (10) (Custom).jpg

NSP

LE
Glasgow should be nuked from orbit BTW
Why go all that distance when it can be nuked from Portsmouth once we've re-based Trident down there to stop the Scottish Nasty Party whinging (and spit in their eye when they've a load of suddenly-unemployed former voters decrying them in the press)?

I mean, the damn things are nearing their drop-by date and it'd be shame to think we'd spent all that money only for them to go back to the factory for dismantlement without any bang for all those bucks.

Mind you, as I understand the workings of ICBMs and MIRVs they effectively arrive from orbit anyway so it might be a moot point.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My Mum did along with skiddies, socks, sheets in fact anything that went into the washing machine got ironed.
Mine ironed all those, except socks.

I do not.

In fact these days, due to sarky comments about 'turn the iron on next time' and 'the wrinkle look in fashion?' I do not iron anything, leaving such matters to the household's trained expert. ;-)

Rab_C

War Hero
My Mum did along with skiddies, socks, sheets in fact anything that went into the washing machine got ironed.
Caught my Mum ironing socks and underwear when they lived in Oman. I asked what the heck are you doing, her reply was that I too would iron everything if I’d found a live scorpion in my underwear after it had been out to dry.

NSP

LE
It has to said that there's something decidedly nice about laying under a pressed duvet cover on a pressed sheet and putting your head onto a pressed pillow case on bed-change day, over crinkly-wrinkly stuff from the bedding drawer...

* Naturally, the cover and case do in fact contain a duvet and pillow respectively!

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
I have used an iron once since 1985 and that was to iron a transfer onto a T shirt.
Someone said earlier people used to iron everything back in the day to kill off lice/bedbug/moth eggs/larvae.

Ref Towels and ironing ... never in our household and as the role change slowly progresses Mrs B_R will urge me with a comment like " Today is a good drying day " and I must admit it does seem to us that towels dried outside are fluffier . When our family were babies she used to put terry towelling nappies on the washing line even on freezing days to dry .... they initially went stiff as a board but when dry fluffed up like new .

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 14
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 146
A The NAAFI Bar 179

Latest Threads