LE
Talla Water - Talla Reservoir

Talla Water - Talla Reservoir (11) (Custom).jpg

Talla Water - Talla Reservoir (19) (Custom).jpg

Talla Water - Talla Reservoir (20) (Custom).jpg

Talla Water - Talla Reservoir (38) (Custom).jpg

Talla Water - Talla Reservoir (39)_edited (Custom).jpg

Talla Water - Talla Reservoir (41) (Custom).jpg

Popped over to Germany yesterday for two weeks (18/01/2020) and visited Fallingbostel today.
I attempted to visit my old camp, Wessex Barracks, but couldn't get near it. There was a barrier with a sentry box and a couple of civie guards blocking the way.
One came over and it turned out to be a Brit ex pat who explained that most of the area had now been turned over to the Bundeswehr and most of it was not accessible for memory lane visits. Bugger.
The only three photos of any interest to cold war warriors will be the SKC, The Wee House, aka Klauses or lumpy jaws and a shot of what was the Feldschlösschen boozer in Fally town and is now an Italian restaurant where we had lunch.

20200119_141756.jpg
20200119_124315.jpg
20200119_124151.jpg

One of the best secrets in Italy. All know about Pompeii , fewer know about Herculaneum.

Very few know about Ostia Antica, the old port of Rome. Empty town but fantastic to visit. With luck flying back the aircraft did a southern approach landing and I got this shot.

909EE2D8-69FF-4F12-B119-0C28ED27C6B9.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
One of the best secrets in Italy. All know about Pompeii , fewer know about Herculaneum.

Very few know about Ostia Antica, the old port of Rome. Empty town but fantastic to visit. With luck flying back the aircraft did a southern approach landing and I got this shot.

View attachment 444822
Visited Pompeii and Herculaneum last year and also stayed just outside Rome at a friends, will try and see Ostia Antica next time I'm over there.

anglo

LE
Who's this, Anybody know
The Plaque is on a bench located at a place called Sunny Corner on the river
Truro, near the city of Truro Cornwall

P1400319.JPG

Last edited:
Major Howard, Ox & Bucks LI, Normandy
Played by the actor Richard Todd who, in real life, parachuted in with 7 Para after Howard had secured the bridge - both the Ox & Bucks and 7 para were part of the 6th Airbourne Div. Todd had earlier been commissioned, after Sandhurst, into KOYLI, and actually met Howard on Pegasus Bridge later in the day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 14
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 146
A The NAAFI Bar 179

Latest Threads