Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Lisbon , Portugal . 07:30.

These fuccers are mad.

07:30 it’s freezing. 5C and there are people surfing ? In the Atlantic !!!

WTF ?
View attachment 435768
... bracing .... those temperatures are typical Summer conditions for the Northumberland Coast .

Kirkz

LE
Not to me , been living in Italy and Portugal for the last 20 years . Even last month when it was 16C I was freezing.
Mardy arsed fucker.
Where in Italy? I was over there a few months back and could have called in for a brew.

Not to me , been living in Italy and Portugal for the last 20 years . Even last month when it was 16C I was freezing.
Tightwad .... buy a Cardigan ..... Chums do a nice range .....

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
OK. Firstly, unless you are using HSS (a facility that didn't exist in the film era), you don't use a 'fast speed' with flash because it will more than likely exceed the sync speed of the shutter.

Secondly, that isn't fill flash. It's the main light source.

The image is almost certainly shot on a long lens (400-800mm) which means that the flash has to be off camera triggered by a remote.

Now perhaps you can stop claiming that the image was yours?

Unless of course your initials are YK, you have accounts on Adobe Stock, Shutterstock and Getty and shot this image as part of a series?
Just to clarify a couple of things;

I inadvertently posted a picture which isn't mine on the site. This was caused by a combination of clumsiness and memory.
A number of my pictures are on galleries with others and several have become mixed up over the years.
As I have explained to Civvy Lurker, there was no intention to deceive anyone and to that end I have removed all wildlife pictures that I have posted.
I hope this clears matters up.

Reminds me why I prefer open water swimming.
Fair play to them; a lot of the course was extremely muddy which adds another layer of difficulty on top since you use extra energy/strength to stabilise yourself with every step.

Which all adds up when you've got 100 miles and a lot of climb.

Ultra marathons - particularly the long 100+ mile ones - are a friendly, supportive events; I really like the atmosphere at the check points/aid stations. There's a huge age range from early 20s to many in their fifties (and a few well beyond).

Female participation tends to drop off with ultra marathons that go beyond 50 miles (for some reason). Though Wor Lass regularly does long ones; she recently ran from South to North Wales, coast-to-coast, along the Offa's Dyke - 185 miles in 3 days, and she's planning a similar event, but 250 miles from Anglesey to Cardiff; non-stop (as opposed to the 'softer' multi-day events).

The quick ones go to compete, but the majority just go to complete before the time limit ends.

Not my photo, sorry, but linked in with the above ultra marathon photos. There's a bit of whining about the 'boulder field' that many following the GPX route on a GPS climbed:

1a1.jpg

But because it was dark and they didn't use a map, they didn't know it was only about 50 meters wide and it ran up the side of some big hill.

So if they'd moved 25 meters to the left or right, they'd have had a boulder-free route to ascend.

Fair play to them; a lot of the course was extremely muddy which adds another layer of difficulty on top since you use extra energy/strength to stabilise yourself with every step.

Which all adds up when you've got 100 miles and a lot of climb.

Ultra marathons - particularly the long 100+ mile ones - are a friendly, supportive events; I really like the atmosphere at the check points/aid stations. There's a huge age range from early 20s to many in their fifties (and a few well beyond).

Female participation tends to drop off with ultra marathons that go beyond 50 miles (for some reason). Though Wor Lass regularly does long ones; she recently ran from South to North Wales, coast-to-coast, along the Offa's Dyke - 185 miles in 3 days, and she's planning a similar event, but 250 miles from Anglesey to Cardiff; non-stop (as opposed to the 'softer' multi-day events).

The quick ones go to compete, but the majority just go to complete before the time limit ends.
Interesting your point about the atmosphere at the events, much the same with open water swimming, very friendly and helpful, when you turn up at a subsequent event sporting a distinctive cap from a previous swim someone always stops to chat about their experiences. Again the age range is large, some even into their 80's, makes me feel young in my 60's especially when I am faster than some half my age. Friendly competitiveness except from the Triathletes who take things far to seriously so is always good to out swim them.

Lovely lighting this time of year.

20191209_143419levelslow res.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just to clarify a couple of things;

I inadvertently posted a picture which isn't mine on the site. This was caused by a combination of clumsiness and memory.
A number of my pictures are on galleries with others and several have become mixed up over the years.
As I have explained to Civvy Lurker, there was no intention to deceive anyone and to that end I have removed all wildlife pictures that I have posted.
I hope this clears matters up.

It does and thanks for the answer! :)

Boxer96

Old-Salt
From "Woodpeckers of Europe"
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker: distribution and range
Europe’s smallest woodpecker is quite widespread and often fairly common locally, in the right habitat, across Europe. It is, however, easily overlooked due to its size and tendency to forage in the canopy, and thus its exact distribution remains somewhat unclear. Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers are found from Iberia and the UK (but not Ireland and Scotland) eastwards across the continent into Siberia and Asia as far as Kamchatka and Japan.

Not exactly rare are they?
Great Spotted Woodpecker is a regular visitor to my garden here in Bayern. I've never seen a Lesser Spotted however they are much smaller and harder to see.

Woodpecker.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 14
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 146
A The NAAFI Bar 179

Latest Threads