Arrsers self taken photo collection.

BopBopBop

War Hero
Its an NT property LINK a few miles further east on the coast from the Giants Causeway. If you had followed the cliff path further around it brings you to there. There was a much photographed little "clachan" of houses called Portbradden behind @BopBopBop as he took that pic and if you walk in the direction that the picture was taken and round the headland you reach Ballintoy (familiar to Game oF Thrones viewers as Pike in the Iron Islands). A mile or so beyond that again is Carrick-A-Rede site of the rope bridge and yet another NT property. LINK
Ballintoy twinned with Guantanamo Bay for those pesky, behind the wire, sheeps.
20171001_155317.jpg

Especially the ones who have to turn the map around so the way forward is in front of them........
What, you mean 'orientate the map'? Not as stupid as you seem to think. Have you ever noticed how all brands of GPS navis 'orientate the map'? In fact, I am led to believe that people engaged in all kinds of mil activities, flying, sailing, logistics, comms, fire support etc. tend to 'orientate the map', as it massively reduces screw-ups.

Kirkz

LE
What, you mean 'orientate the map'? Not as stupid as you seem to think. Have you ever noticed how all brands of GPS navis 'orientate the map'? In fact, I am led to believe that people engaged in all kinds of mil activities, flying, sailing, logistics, comms, fire support etc. tend to 'orientate the map', as it massively reduces screw-ups.
All my maps are in English not Oriental.

:)
Hmmmmm!

ugly

LE
Orientating the map is to match it to the ground as you see it not to make your route always appear in front of you!
When a map is correctly orientated ground features appear on the map as you find them on the ground!

Last edited:
Went for lunch at the Horton Grange Hotel , near Ponteland , on Friday with our daughter and very nice it was too. Certainly a place I would recommend . The Menu also contained a number of options for Afternoon Tea including a Gentleman’s version … see cropped image below …. I shall be trying the “ with Port “ version next time we go .

View attachment 435641

Out today with number one son on a short walk in a biting wind with heavy showers on the moors to the East of Bolam Lake . Fried bacon and mushrooms in the shelter of some Crags …. food properly cooked outside always has an extra edge …. normally flies but not this time of year ...

View attachment 435642

.... and for anyone who uses a Trangia .... note the key ring on the handle .... when slid right down it securely clamps handle to the pan .... A tip I picked up from YouTube and it works .... smell that bacon .

View attachment 435643

Just a photograph which seemed to capture the day .... long shadows / low Sun but bright and a hint of a Rainbow to the left of the small Copse below the sky line..... seconds after this was taken the rain hit us again .

A cracking short walk .
I used to fish at Bolam Lake. We'd arrive, cast our lines then head off to the nearby pub for an hour or so. Happy days. Are there still angry swans there?

I used to fish at Bolam Lake. We'd arrive, cast our lines then head off to the nearby pub for an hour or so. Happy days. Are there still angry swans there?
Certainly still there earlier this year .

Orientating the map is to match it to the ground as you see it not to make your route always appear in front of you!
When a map is correctly orientated ground features appear on the map aa you find them on the ground!
But when they turn it around three times, scratch their head and start going uummmmm! That's when you know their lost.....

You cannot claim for anything placed in the public domain and subsequently used. There are many of my photos out there and they are classed as copyright free unless you choose to copyright them.

I don't know who told you that but they were

a) fibbing
b) very, very wrong.

It's complete bullshit.

Unless in employment, copyright exists from the moment a photograph is taken until 70 years after the death of the author.

PS - still waiting to hear about daytime settings for flash.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
But when they turn it around three times, scratch their head and start going uummmmm! That's when you know their lost.....
Or 'locationally challenged.

anglo

LE
You cannot claim for anything placed in the public domain and subsequently used. There are many of my photos out there and they are classed as copyright free unless you choose to copyright them.
It's alright if someone takes you images for personal use, it's when they take them and
post them as their own, now that really grips my sh*t, looks like somebody's done that to you
The mong has used the same size image and kept the same title you gave your image,
Anyway I don't think they should get away with it, so I've emailed them,
so they can see for themselves I included the ARRSE url
f*ck em

It's alright if someone takes you images for personal use, it's when they take them and
post them as their own, now that really grips my sh*t, looks like somebody's done that to you
The mong has used the same size image and kept the same title you gave your image,
Anyway I don't think they should get away with it, so I've emailed them,
so they can see for themselves I included the ARRSE url

f*ck em

I'm not entirely convinced that that was a good idea!

Latest Threads