Arrsers self taken photo collection.

I've been present but not involved with [the cause of the sinking] on two that have sunk (with one refloated and returned to service). Both were metal.

As were the three that caught fire, the one someone fell overboard from, the one some nice MEND mental fuckers shot at, the one I left via helicopter that then lost an engine halfway to Aberdeen, the one that Greenpeace tried to get fruity with (there's nothing better seen than the graceful arc described by a ranting, ill-informed lefty as they take a directed jet to the chest from a 12bar fire main and go from their fume-belching third-hand Zodiac to bobbing about in the North Atlantic, it has to be said), the one that suffered a catastrophic explosion in the main switchgear, the one that got threatened with ship arrest in Tunis and then actually got placed under ship arrest in Marseilles ("Proceed immediately to port or those two Mirages will get angry, s'il vous plait"), and the one with the sophisticated engine-room systems management softare that decided to close the main induction fire dampers for no reason, causing the engines to shut down and leave us drifting on spring tides whilst we were in the middle of the Leman gas field (which is quite densely populated by platforms and other fixed installations). I just need to be on one that runs aground and I qualify for the souvenir mug. Plus various tasty bits of weather, etc.

And I still do this job after 21 years of various sportyness. However, on BravoBravo's test I'm a dirty coward because I never "signed up" and joined the army. Mind you, if you think about it neither did he - well, not properly, anyway.
I have been trying to plot that lot and draw a line through it. I think I can do it if I can invent multi-dimensional paper.

NSP

LE
I have been trying to plot that lot and draw a line through it. I think I can do it if I can invent multi-dimensional paper.
Or allow for the fact that I've spent the last twenty-one years working all over the world, not always on the same ship...

I mean, it's not rocket science!

The sky was amazing this morning on my walk home.
20191205_074446.jpg
20191205_074855.jpg
20191205_075006.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The consequence of driving your telehandler too fast round a corner!
20191205_080558_resized.jpg

Noddy Car.jpg

@ugly .... that thing looks in a permanent state of unstable equilibrium .... wild horses could not drag me into sitting inside and driving it on the public highway .

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

ugly

LE
It’s a more traditional morning today, rain!

Latest Threads