Arrsers self taken photo collection.

When the local fuzz turned up [it happened a long way from home] I started my description of events and he stopped me with a laugh and said 'You're in the job aren't you?'...I didn't speak to the young lady in the other car. Partly because she was a bit fainty and stayed in her seat until the medics took her out and off for a check up and also because I didn't want to -she'd just wrecked one of the nicest cars I've ever had [and one I won't be able to replace as Toyota Auris estates are not common round here], oh and damn near knackered me. If the hedge hadn't been there I'd have rolled it.
And I paid the cow 20 notes so I could get into young miss Ginger Devex at the funeral. Bloody Toyota's.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A few yellow handbags and they'll soon have this back on the road.

I was at the bus station here in Hua Hin yesterday, chilling (literally) in the car while Mrs retread2 organised some bus tickets. Parked next to me was a taxi van (as they are called here) with a sticker in the side window restricting certain practices on board:

20191022_104849.jpg

Here are the forbidden practices more clearly:

20191022_104737.jpg

They are clearly: no smoking, no durian, no drinking, no dogs, no fornicating, no knives or assault rifles, but what is the last one? I am reliably informed that it is a representation of a water buffalo. Thai for water buffalo is kwai which also means stupid. So the last forbidden activity is stupidity.

All in all, a pretty dull trip in that van.

I am reliably informed that it is a representation of a water buffalo. Thai for water buffalo is kwai which also means stupid. So the last forbidden activity is stupidity.
It's a mistranslation, that last one means 'No summoning of the Dark Lord Cthulu.'

Some people translated that as 'stupidity' when in fact it's a wholly reasonable response to stupidity.

pinback2001

War Hero
I was at the bus station here in Hua Hin yesterday, chilling (literally) in the car while Mrs retread2 organised some bus tickets. Parked next to me was a taxi van (as they are called here) with a sticker in the side window restricting certain practices on board:

View attachment 424825

View attachment 424826

They are clearly: no smoking, no durian, no drinking, no dogs, no fornicating, no knives or assault rifles, but what is the last one? I am reliably informed that it is a representation of a water buffalo. Thai for water buffalo is kwai which also means stupid. So the last forbidden activity is stupidity.

All in all, a pretty dull trip in that van[/QUO

View attachment 424825

View attachment 424826

All in all, a pretty dull trip in that van.
Maybe it's simply "no water buffaloes"

I was up a bit early today. Had a few days off, and was contemplating going back to work today. Anyway, I looked out of the window, and saw the below. Predawn. The sun's 5 minutes below the mountain.

Horizon.jpg

Went on a mushroom foraging day with John Wright (River Cottage wild food expert). Very enjoyable and interesting. At the end he labelled everything we had picked, including Latin names, without recourse to a reference book of any kind.

Attachments

daz

LE

BARN

Clanker
Well, they were a day late due to weather and only did one run but still a welcome site. Hopefully they can finish the job off tomorrow but more importantly get us of this rock! We did manage a lift to a neighboring minor light to do a quick component swap as well.

Flugga Store.jpg

Latest Threads