Arrsers self taken photo collection.

May I suggest that in future @devexwarrior commutes in a nice heavy armoured box? A quick Google suggests a reasonably serviceable '432 can be had for around eight to ten grand. No aggo' in snowy conditions (when we get some), no problem in traffic jams (up n' over) and some thought into decking out the troop compartment camper van-style should provide comfortable digs if he does get weathered in on the slow, 20mph drive home.

And, obviously, speeding minge will just bounce off with barely a scratch to the fetching green paint job.
Will I be able to squat and shit in an old compo tin as well? just for old time's sake?

Some more from the weekend.

These guys are all over the place, just like the bl33ding e-scooters. A proper pain.
bratty guy.jpg

Saw this thing cutting about on the river Pretty cool for an afternoon out.

jacuzzi boat.jpg

There was the Festival of lights last week and they lit up loads of the public buildings. It was actually very impressive indeed.

museum lights.jpg

anglo

LE
It lacks composition but is quite an emotional picture for me - my car on Friday afternoon. I walked away but am going to the GP in the morning with a few lingering symptoms and not yet sure I'm ready to go back to work.

Edited to add -All typical Squaddy comments such as 'It'll T-cut out' are welcome as they cheer me up.

View attachment 424548
Why the freck did you buy a car in that condition,

NSP

LE
When the local fuzz turned up [it happened a long way from home] I started my description of events and he stopped me with a laugh and said 'You're in the job aren't you?'...I didn't speak to the young lady in the other car. Partly because she was a bit fainty and stayed in her seat until the medics took her out and off for a check up and also because I didn't want to -she'd just wrecked one of the nicest cars I've ever had [and one I won't be able to replace as Toyota Auris estates are not common round here], oh and damn near knackered me. If the hedge hadn't been there I'd have rolled it.
There but for the grace of...

It lacks composition but is quite an emotional picture for me - my car on Friday afternoon. I walked away but am going to the GP in the morning with a few lingering symptoms and not yet sure I'm ready to go back to work.

Edited to add -All typical Squaddy comments such as 'It'll T-cut out' are welcome as they cheer me up.

View attachment 424548
Bah. Lightweight. Russians drive around in bangers that look worse. Cut off the deployed air bag, slide hammer the worst dents out, and the job's a good 'un.:thumleft::pirat:

I took quite few nightscape pictures from the tower viewing platform, but they are all flawed with some reflection. Still, I did get these.

View attachment 424554

View attachment 424555

View attachment 424556
All those people! They should put some sort of wall round it, and as for the picture of the bird in the FMBs necking a bockwurst...have her parade at my tent at 0200 with her Stormtrooper hat on (just her Stormtrooper hat on...and her boots...and her specs...but nothing else...)

This beastie was roaming the grounds in front of reception at the hotel my good lady wife and I stayed at over the weekend. ;)
IMG_20191021_222058.jpg

View attachment 424548
Never mind the T-Cut, you just need to borrow one of your missus' bits of kit and that'll come out no bother, as demonstrated below (not by me and not self taken).

View attachment 424548
Give the Tank Museum a ring, they need a car or two for the Tiger to play with.
Alternatively give the local Pikies a quick ring,.....

Kirkz

LE

View attachment 424548
1571698307175.jpeg

Dark skies over the Isle of Wight today, with the occasional bout of bright sunshine. Traditionally, they say in Portsmouth that if you can't see the Isle of Wight, it's raining. If you can see the IOW, it's going to rain....

However, from the deep south of the Island near Blackgang you can occasionally get a view of Portland ( in Dorset, not the ones in Maine or Oregon) and today was one of those days.

Not a particularly good shot technically; I didn't have a proper camera with me and used the Samsung mobile phone. However, you can see Dorset's Isle of Purbeck on the right-hand side of the horizon. Just to the left of that, and just about central in the picture, you can the hazy but distinctive shape of Portland.

From Blackgang, that's just about 50 miles

2019 Blackgang Oct 22 resized.jpg

Latest Threads