Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Kirkz

LE
Sorry for being a pain mate
You're not being a pain Mukker, I set up the group and I'm the main moderator so I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do, unfortunately due to the site upgrade groups went tits up and the simple job of adding people has to be done manually by the CO's. I'll get you added if I have to track the CO down and hold him hostage until you are.

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
You're not being a pain Mukker, I set up the group and I'm the main moderator so I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do, unfortunately due to the site upgrade groups went tits up and the simple job of adding people has to be done manually by the CO's. I'll get you added if I have to track the CO down and hold him hostage until you are.
Again cheers mate

NSP

LE
What? No pinning him to the wall by his throat? You're going soft in your old age!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Today in the Wellington Tunnels under Arras. A medieval limestone quarry dug out and linked to others during the Great War, where 24,000 men stayed for a week before the battle of Arras.

The rooms are names Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland, Dunedin, the corridors Princes Street, London Road, etc.
They jumped out at 0530 on Easter Monday and frightened the life out of the enemy.

First picture is a tunnel built from Wellington to Auckland. Auckland is now under a LeClerc supermarket. Tunnel built in 6 days. Second is a memorial wall of pictures of Kiwi tunnellers. Third is Exit 10 where sappers blew the last few feet as the barrage ended, and the lads ran out to wreak havoc for two days.

At which point Allenby thought the enemy had run away so he made them wait for a day, with the obvious to us result that German reinforcements arrived, turning the place into a bloodbath.

View attachment 403990View attachment 403991View attachment 403992
if you get a chance, next to the british war memorial at Fauborg De Amiens, there is a Vauban era fort, now decommissioned and given to the city, well worth a wander around and at the back the memorial de fusilees is sobering

Kirkz

LE
One for @greyfergie, T cut and a bit of black nasty it'll be reet...
20190719_225808-748x572.jpg

Apparently there are no trees on Orkney...

20190719_173744-756x1008.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Perusing the islands magazine on route to Sanday and spotted this...
20190720_075532-735x155.jpg

I didn't know otters could drive.

There aren't any on Dartmoor, either, apparently...

View attachment 405041

Fernworthy Forest
Soussens Down Plantation
Hairy Hands Forest (Bellever)
Etc.
There is certainly one on Bewick Moor .... the dot on the sky line ...

DSCF4311 T WL.JPG

... it is a single Rowan Tree .

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
20190720_084742-840x248.jpg

Just Monday to Friday during the winter then!

I was waiting for my lunch today when some movement caught my eye on a nearby power pole:

20190720_113104.jpg

I went for a little wander and there he was:

20190720_113120.jpg

Amusingly, just as I was looking for somewhere to step to get closer, he fell off the pole. I had seen a small tree snake as I was parking the car. I wonder if these things come in threes?

They can, but aren’t allowed to, due the fact they like vodka for breakfast. Sensible solution was for volunteers to drive them to the desired location, park up and leave them to it.
It's amazing the things you learn on here.

I'd always assumed otters were more of the dry sherry types.

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
I was waiting for my lunch today when some movement caught my eye on a nearby power pole:

View attachment 405055

View attachment 405056

Amusingly, just as I was looking for somewhere to step to get closer, he fell off the pole. I had seen a small tree snake as I was parking the car. I wonder if these things come in threes?
Looked like it was fb snake,then looked at previous pic,big worm really

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 405055

View attachment 405056

Bloody OZ and all the things trying to kill ya...no wonder the Brits send the convicts there in the first place...

Latest Threads