Arrsers self taken photo collection.

A job that I had to check out today. I've seen some brutally bad bricklaying in my day, but this really takes the biscuit. This is a brand-new build that's only a week old, but fcuk me, this whole thing has to be torn down and rebuilt. I've seen better work from a day-one apprentice. View attachment 399714 View attachment 399715 View attachment 399716 View attachment 399717
My late Father was an Architect from around 1955 till he retired around 2000. He would have had that Brickie team thrown off site for that work. Was that a bunch of Pikies?

My late Father was an Architect from around 1955 till he retired around 2000. He would have had that Brickie team thrown off site for that work. Was that a bunch of Pikies?
I think they're called "We'll be Gone Tomorrow" bricklaying, where the guarantee on your work lasts until their brakelights disappear around the corner.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
The cab of Aurigo's driverless car (AKA Arthur the Pod). I got a go in it, the route is already in its memory so it just goes, the route went from Blind Vets carpark, down the hill, turned left at the chapel and over the field and then back again, 4mph and a very smooth and comfortable ride. They've got a long way to go but they are testing the same thing at Heathrow moving luggage about.

IMG_0971.JPG

This map should give you an idea of the route. The car park is the one outside the main entrance and the chapel is the pitch roofed building on the left of the picture.
Google Maps

The cab of Aurigo's driverless car (AKA Arthur the Pod). I got a go in it, the route is already in its memory so it just goes, the route went from Blind Vets carpark, down the hill, turned left at the chapel and over the field and then back again, 4mph and a very smooth and comfortable ride. They've got a long way to go but they are testing the same thing at Heathrow moving luggage about.

View attachment 399796
This map should give you an idea of the route. The car park is the one outside the main entrance and the chapel is the pitch roofed building on the left of the picture.
Google Maps
I don't think I'll ever trust a driverless car.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't think I'll ever trust a driverless car.
How true, it's one thing in a controlled environment at 4mph, something else entirely at 70mph on the M25.
:eek::skull:

How true, it's one thing in a controlled environment at 4mph, something else entirely at 70mph on the M25.
:eek::skull:
That bit is near enough done, apart from a bit of nanny state software, quite a few cars already can self drive on motorways, we have several at work. Lock the adaptive cruise control on with lane assist, feet off the pedals and rest your hand on the steering wheel, no input required, the car steers accelerates, and brakes, it can read the speed limit signs as well. We've had a new Volvo on hire briefly that was quite capable of driving on minor/residential roads on its own provided there wasn't a car coming in the opposite direction, then the software kicks in and makes you take control, if you don't it stops immediately.
The first level of autonomous driving was ABS braking!

A job that I had to check out today. I've seen some brutally bad bricklaying in my day, but this really takes the biscuit. This is a brand-new build that's only a week old, but fcuk me, this whole thing has to be torn down and rebuilt. I've seen better work from a day-one apprentice. View attachment 399714 View attachment 399715 View attachment 399716 View attachment 399717
Nah, it's "rustic" innit guv. Probably even "artisan". All the rage these days. That costs extra that does.