Arrsers self taken photo collection.

The pub I went to may not have been part of a chain. It was pretty old school but quite nice inside and was quiet with free wifi so having looked inside popped in to do a bit of work. It seemed to be run by this older-ish couple.

Google Maps

Near Limehouse DLR station. Took only cash - fortunately I had a fiver on me. And their wifi was super fast compared to most of the chains! Go figure! And cheap as chips drinks, though my local Wetherspoons has a pint from 1.99 to 3.79 or something.

The pub I went to may not have been part of a chain. It was pretty old school but quite nice inside and was quiet with free wifi so having looked inside popped in to do a bit of work. It seemed to be run by this older-ish couple.

Google Maps

Near Limehouse DLR station. Took only cash - fortunately I had a fiver on me. And their wifi was super fast compared to most of the chains! Go figure! And cheap as chips drinks, though my local Wetherspoons has a pint from 1.99 to 3.79 or something.
Hard to tell from the website who owns it. Looks OK though for a Limehouse boozer.
Sorry, redshift, don’t do Wetherspoons because they are grim.

National Museum of the Air Force exhibit for D-Day + 75 years on.

Here’s a few snaps of the special D-Day exhibit in the Air Force Museum going on until the end of the year. You have to have a tablet to see the on-line content, but the staff provide them. I think you can use a modern Smart Phone to see it too, if you have one of those that is. A lot of millennials do these days.

D-Day Exhibit 1.jpg
D-Day Exhibit 2.jpg

National Museum of the Air Force

Memorial Park - Monument to recognize the "Flying Tigers" of WW II fame who fought against the Japanese in the skies of China

Flying Tigers Memorial detail 2.JPG
Flying Tigers Memorial detail 3.JPG
Flying Tigers Memorial detail.JPG
Flying Tigers Memorial.jpg

I popped into a pub today to grab some wifi and came across this on its walls. The pub was appropriately named Queen's Head...

View attachment 398094
A good publican can pour a pint without making too much head; I'll bet Her Majesty the Queen Mother was expert in this. Although I Had heard her favouite tipple was G + T? :?

A good publican can pour a pint without making too much head; I'll bet Her Majesty the Queen Mother was expert in this. Although I Had heard her favouite tipple was G + T? :?
Who doesn't like head? :)

It's a regional thing in the UK. London in particular prefers beer with no head. Up north, beer with no head is revolting.

Got to a German pub. It's all head and wastage. Can't pour a beer without it pissing down the sides of the glass, deliberately. But tastes delicious.

I get a fridge magnet or two from every significant place I go (not always work) - except the Tank Museum, where I seem to acquire one per visit. I either need to stop travelling to new places or I need to get a bigger 'fridge!

PHOTO_20190612_153606.jpg
PHOTO_20190612_153614.jpg
PHOTO_20190612_153625.jpg
PHOTO_20190612_153645.jpg

If you're really bored, zoom in and spin through and list all the places. No prizes, though...

* But if you're female and get them all I might allow you to join me in a soixente-neuf. How's that for an incentive, ladies?! :mrgreen:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wedge35 ARRSE Social, Events & Networking 2
sunny james Travel 3
A The NAAFI Bar 179