Arrsers self taken photo collection.

The WW2 Scot's companion is doing a great impression of being ******* gopping.
She's certainly nailed the 'Black Watch pad wife' look.

I gave you a like, but you should have a funny as well.
If it's not too much of a give away, can you tell me where these were taken?
We live in Hua Hin in Thailand. It's the time of year when we get spectacular cloud formations to the west, created by the SW monsoon hitting the Tenasserim Hills. The sea breeze from the east tends to hold the rain off to the west until the monsoon builds enough force to swerrp in with heavy falls of rain. That's my amateur meteorological interpretation anyway. Meanwhile another 34 degree day beckons!

Looks like a good read!
“ The Complete McAuslan “ … A George Fraser’ classic …. McAuslan is described as the scruffiest soldier in the Army but with an innocent charm and skill at coming through all disasters smelling of roses … I literally cried with laughter when I first read this book .

Teesdale. A corner of County Durham which is breathtaking.. I have been taking pictures of this view for over forty years, and am still drawn to it. It's taken looking upstream towards Middleton-in-Teesdale, near where the tributary River Lune joins in the mid-distance.

Further upstream are waterfalls at Low Force and High Force ( the big one) and Cauldron Snout, which is really a cataract.

Technically, Teesdale could claim to be part of the Yorkshire dales, as the river used to form the border between County Durham and Yorkshire. However, in 1974 the faceless wonders re-drew the map and Durham took over a swathe of Yorkshire and confused a generation of older Tykes.

2019 Teesdale 2 cropped resized.jpg

Last edited:
Teesdale. A corner of County Durham which is breathtaking.. I have been taking pictures of this view for over forty years, and am still drawn to it. It's taken looking upstream towards Middleton-in-Teesdale, near where the tributary River Lune joins in the mid-distance.

Further upstream are waterfalls at Low Force and High Force ( the big one) and Cauldron Snout, which is really a cataract.

Technically, Teesdale could claim to be part of the Yorkshire dales, as the river used to form the border between County Durham and Yorkshire. However, in 1974 the faceless wonders re-drew the map and Durham took over a swathe of Yorkshire and confused a generation of older Tykes.

View attachment 393912
We were glad to get it. Lovely place. And one of the few bits of County Durham that I have missed since I moved to Dorset.

The WW2 Scot's companion is doing a great impression of being ******* gopping.
So she's a genuine sweaty female then.

In both senses of the word sweaty by the looks of it as well. :puker:

“ The Complete McAuslan “ … A George Fraser’ classic …. McAuslan is described as the scruffiest soldier in the Army but with an innocent charm and skill at coming through all disasters smelling of roses … I literally cried with laughter when I first read this book .
It is indeed a cracking good read. Must dig it out and have another go through it.

County Durham again - or at least, the bit of County Durham that used to be Yorkshire before 1974. Pictures show a small beck near the tiny village of East Briscoe.
I used to play in the beck as a kid and fish for the little trout it supported. The partially ruined building just downstream is one of the oldest non-conformist chapels in the Pennines, with the delightful name of Freewill House. Interesting how they were "green" in the 18th century; the chapel keeper - also a shepherd - used to herd the sheep into the chapel's undercroft on a Saturday so that the Sunday congregation could benefit from a primitive form of central heating.

2019 East Briscoe 1 resized.jpg
2019 East Briscoe 2 resized.jpg

Last edited:
2019 Findlay (OH) Military Equipment & Gun Show on Saturday 18 May

There were only two reenactors that I considered worthy enough to take a picture of and these were a WW II Scottish soldier, and a Japanese junior officer. The fellow playing the Jap was a white person but that was OK. He was probably a good deal taller than a real Japanese soldier of WW II as well, so I wondered how he managed to find kit that fitted him. He said he was still looking for a samari sword to complete the costume, but real ones tend to be pricey.

The WW II Scot didn't tell me what unit he was doing an impression of, but it's just as well as his puttees are a shambles and his boots could use some bulling. (The tosser)

View attachment 393808 View attachment 393809 View attachment 393810
Jock with crossed boot laces......good job no Gurkhas crawling round.

Give him some credit, that's not just any old car. It looks like a VW Caddy to me - nice little workhorse and much more useful and practical than the squashed yellow penis substitute in front of it.
BCSD syndrome...

;-)