Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm sure I'll survive. I've got a few sweeties of my own.

View attachment 384761
I caught episode 1 of Harry Redknapp training a bunch of 50-something former internationals for a charity game against the Boxheads.

Matt Le Tissier displayed his favourite drawer in his house. Like this but much much bigger.

OOOooo..shiney! :mrgreen: Let me know if you run across any nattty sword canes. ;-)
That was given to me by a family member along with a lot of other tat.
I've been looking for a sword cane for a while but they are all too expensive for me.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
ah, thanks....thought I recognised the lawn :)

Fort Nelson (Royal Armouries) site on Portsdown Hill has one in the drive...must stop by and go around the actual museum some day.

More progress at Lock 14 Grantham Canal. Another concrete pour in progress as the chamber walls continue to rise up and the lower pound being cleared of the silt that has accumulated over the last 90+ years.

IMG_2197.JPG

More progress at Lock 14 Grantham Canal. Another concrete pour in progress as the chamber walls continue to rise up and the lower pound being cleared of the silt that has accumulated over the last 90+ years.

View attachment 384848
It's difficult to give such photos both a Like and an Informative but they deserve both. As it is so interesting (to me anyway) perhaps you should start a thread about the efforts and progress of you lot so we could follow what is happening. In pictures anyway, rather than effort.

It's difficult to give such photos both a Like and an Informative but they deserve both. As it is so interesting (to me anyway) perhaps you should start a thread about the efforts and progress of you lot so we could follow what is happening. In pictures anyway, rather than effort.
PM sent.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Latest addition to the house of tat collection.
View attachment 384749 View attachment 384750
I've been thumbing through, rather inconclusively, HMSO's 'Naval Swords and Firearms' (1962), and Dudley Jarret's 'British Naval Dress' (1960). Your sword is definitively Victorian (Victorian crown) and although there seems to be some ambiguity between straight and curved blades I believe yours is typical of the last decade of Victoria. The gripe is very faded but if once white, it was a commissioned officer's sword, if black that of a warrant officer.

A pity whoever over the years has assiduously polished off all the gilding has not brushed out the dried up metal polish! There should be a name on the sword somewhere, usually on the hilt.

As to curved blades, a mate of mine on courses had inherited a curved RNR sword. On parade at the carry either the hilt was in line with the rest of the rank, or the point of the blade, but never both. This caused grief for the parade staff.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
South Island NZ.

Dunedin constantly surprise's me.

View attachment 384878

The maddest thing about that picture are the reasonably good road tyres on an otherwise typical farm dirtbike, inherited by some kid from his elder brother.

A recycled battery cover from a scrappy would cost him about $10 and a can of enamel spray paint for the tank another $5.....jeez.

I hear South Island has some weather occurring at the moment ?

The video of the roadbridge heading seawards made the breakfast news here...

PS...I know there'll be some 10 gauge Fencing wire on that bike somewhere, just can't spot it :)

The maddest thing about that picture are the reasonably good road tyres on an otherwise typical farm dirtbike, inherited by some kid from his elder brother.

A recycled battery cover from a scrappy would cost him about $10 and a can of enamel spray paint for the tank another $5.....jeez.

I hear South Island has some weather occurring at the moment ?

The video of the roadbridge heading seawards made the breakfast news here...

PS...I know there'll be some 10 gauge Fencing wire on that bike somewhere, just can't spot it :)

The West Coast is hammered, bridges are out, literally out to feckin sea, and theres gonna be no cars getting through the coast road for next 3-4 months.

the cable ties on the other side of the rat bike were sheep ear tags. it had a current Warrant of Fitness too.
this is what happens when you watch too much Mad Max.