Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Going to stick this here rather than create a new thread. I have had it up to the back teeth with FaceFuck after having a temporary ban - again- for triviality ( pic off here of a woman in a tumbledryer with the caption Hey! This dryer comes with a dishwasher !!!...which they classify as 'Hate Speech'). Unfortunately I have a couple of thousand photos on the fucking thing that I need to move. 2 questions: where- instagram, flickr or somewhere else? and what is the quickest way to transfer pics when they are in FB album form...also, anyone know a decent social media site where I could suggest my mates- some of whom wouldn't come within a country mile of Arrse ! ;) - could meet me ? Or in other words...see if I can institute a minor Exodus from that manipulative crock of shite ?

Going to stick this here rather than create a new thread. I have had it up to the back teeth with FaceFuck after having a temporary ban - again- for triviality ( pic off here of a woman in a tumbledryer with the caption Hey! This dryer comes with a dishwasher !!!...which they classify as 'Hate Speech'). Unfortunately I have a couple of thousand photos on the ******* thing that I need to move. 2 questions: where- instagram, flickr or somewhere else? and what is the quickest way to transfer pics when they are in FB album form...also, anyone know a decent social media site where I could suggest my mates- some of whom wouldn't come within a country mile of Arrse ! ;) - could meet me ? Or in other words...see if I can institute a minor Exodus from that manipulative crock of shite ?
Lampost cassette recording in perseverence blanket teaspoon.
I must make haste to the urgency of rice pudding in ulterior motives!

Spent an hour at Lackford Lakes in Suffolk. I've seen the Kingfishers before but from the visitor centre where shooting through the windows seems to ruin the photographs.

This time I was in one of the hides which was packed out people and you could hardly move. The first one I had to shoot between peoples heads whilst standing at the back. I managed to get a seat for the other two but the light was fading.

Top photo shows the female, next two are the male.

DSC_6023-small.jpg

DSC_6101-small.jpg

DSC_6134-small.jpg

Spent an hour at Lackford Lakes in Suffolk. I've seen the Kingfishers before but from the visitor centre where shooting through the windows seems to ruin the photographs.

This time I was in one of the hides which was packed out people and you could hardly move. The first one I had to shoot between peoples heads whilst standing at the back. I managed to get a seat for the other two but the light was fading.

Top photo shows the female, next two are the male.

View attachment 382957
View attachment 382958
View attachment 382959
Excellent images ROB

Pleasant walk today .

DSCF4803 WL.JPG

This is a still partially frozen rock pool … nothing special however for some reason it triggered a memory of about forty years ago when as a family during the Christmas break we went for a walk to Great Wanney Crag with the promise of a free bacon sarnie each … as publicised on a local radio station . So to the rock pool ... when we and about thirty other people got there and were eating our free sarnies a young woman opened her hill walking bag produced a palette of water paints and a ~A4 drawing book . She then proceeded to capture in water colour people and the scene on the Crags using water in a rock pool …. as I suppose was done in Victorian times .

DSCF4811 WL.JPG

The left 1/3 of this walled garden … now a developing vineyard which seems to be coming along nicely … one day I will get my bottle of wine .

Last edited: