Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They don't know how lucky they are, we had to make do with soap boxes and pram wheels.
My mate had a mahoosive soapbox cart that his dad had built. It was made out of 3mm angle iron and weighed as much as a real car.

Went like absolute stink downhill but took about 15 of us to push it back up again.

It had no brakes and you steered with your feet.

After that we graduated onto stolen mopeds. The same lad had one that had cost him a fiver. The throttle was broken so you had to ride it one handed while you pulled the throttle cable to make it go.

There were many injuries.

My mate had a mahoosive soapbox cart that his dad had built. It was made out of 3mm angle iron and weighed as much as a real car.

Went like absolute stink downhill but took about 15 of us to push it back up again.

It had no brakes and you steered with your feet.

After that we graduated onto stolen mopeds. The same lad had one that had cost him a fiver. The throttle was broken so you had to ride it one handed while you pulled the throttle cable to make it go.

There were many injuries.
Brakes on soap box carts were for whimps, we made lots and broke lots along with a few bones.
Halcyon days indeed.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Another cart that we made was an upturned coffee table with skateboard trucks and wheels attached to the bottom.

Basically just a massive skateboard and we held onto the table legs. Again no brakes. You steered by leaning.

The Jamaican bobsleigh team had fuck all on us.

Another cart that we made was an upturned coffee table with skateboard trucks and wheels attached to the bottom.

Basically just a massive skateboard and we held onto the table legs. Again no brakes. You steered by leaning.

The Jamaican bobsleigh team had **** all on us.
That's given me an idea for the grand kids :mrgreen:

It was epic. If you leant over far enough, the table would rub on the wheels braking that side.

You could drift it if you got it just right.
Pretty sure I've got some old skate board trucks and bearings in the garage, just need a table from some skip and jobbsa.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pretty sure I've got some old skate board trucks and bearings in the garage, just need a table from some skip and jobbsa.
The wider the trucks the better. These new fangled American style boards are rubbish. Needs to be a proper old skool fishtail board with wide trucks.

The wider the trucks the better. These new fangled American style boards are rubbish. Needs to be a proper old skool fishtail board with wide trucks.
The trucks I have will be from the 70's if I can find them under all the skip salvage.
You will have the social round.
They'll get told to fuck off.

Camera is a Panasonic Lunex TZ70

Lens: 24-720mm, f/3.3-6.4
Thank you. I have been thinking my 210mm wasn't really enough..

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Brakes on soap box carts were for whimps, we made lots and broke lots along with a few bones.
Halcyon days indeed.
Feet on wheels slowed us down -

a bit.