Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Tussock moth caterpillar:

20190111_160759.jpg

This little bloke is still pottering about the garden, which suggests no snakes ATM:

20190111_095126a.jpg

Because the lizard has not been eaten.
Lol, I thought he kills snakes or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised since I learnt that hedgehogs eat snakes :)

Last edited:
Butterflies and things from RSPB Fowlmere, was hoping to see Hobbies but too many screaming kids and Hipsters with Binoculars thinking they know what they are doing...hint, dressing in white and waving your arms about is not conducive to good bird watching. View attachment 345059 View attachment 345060 View attachment 345061 View attachment 345062 View attachment 345063 View attachment 345064 View attachment 345065
Fine collection, puts my tatty Back step Bennington to shame. Must get down for a shufti.

Tonights offerings and some from a few months ago.

Lunar show with a partial eclipse.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_243b.jpg

moon and mars
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2446.jpg

The old Roman road to Rome still lines with the pine trees .

mAkMnTrMTUWD9RuygDsbSQ_thumb_2429.jpg

View of the Castle with snow on the hills behind.
1P27oThISceCLml0WP%EIQ_thumb_2433.jpg

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Ebury_Small.jpg

I've started taking my camera out all the time when its possible and by chance stumbled across this location. I have to admit I'd seen this shot before but could never work out where it was and then heading to the Royal Chelsea Hospital I literally walked past it.

So, this is three images (f7.1, 15s, ISO50) merged in Photoshop because the trains were too infrequent.

View attachment 371230

I've started taking my camera out all the time when its possible and by chance stumbled across this location. I have to admit I'd seen this shot before but could never work out where it was and then heading to the Royal Chelsea Hospital I literally walked past it.

So, this is three images (f7.1, 15s, ISO50) merged in Photoshop because the trains were too infrequent.
Surreal .

fixing a small roof leak for one of my daughters, I notice that next doors gutter is still blocked ( I offered to clean it 4 years ago) so this time my mate and I cleaned the gutters out, there is a pipe leading into the gutter from the fascia board a little water came out then stopped, when I mentioned this to the house owner he told me that the overflow pipe ( condensate ) for the boiler blocked up and they had it running into a bucket ???
how do some people cope
IMG_9011.JPG
IMG_9012.JPG

Last edited:
My brother in law came to stay , he traded in his old Renault for a Nissan Leaf, the dealers are in Bournemouth, we live in Gloucestershire, so halfway he had to stop to charge it up, he then charged it here overnight , and was planning a few more charges on the journey home to the inner hebrides !!!!
but the funniest bit is that his Brother who lives in Cumbria is a tight arse and always moans about him charging his Ipad and mobile up on his electricity
he was laughing about it before he left thinking about his brothers face when he plugs a bloody great lead into his ring main overnight , i think he was planning to arrive with 2 percent charge deliberately !!
IMG_9020.JPG
IMG_9026.JPG