Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Kirkz

LE
Took the brats there last summer and was quite astonished that beaches like that exist in the U.K.
You should try the beaches on Orkney or the Hebrides if it wasn't for the water temperature you'd swear they were tropical.

Excellent camouflage on the front legs, I had to look twice before I realised it wasn't floating.

Best beach in the world!
That whole section of the Northumberland Coast abounds with magnificent unspoiled beaches / dunes .... and real sand .

HelenM

Old-Salt
Atmospheric skies over Yerevan just now. Looks like a storm is approaching.
Nicked from a webcam.

View attachment 370695
A view of snowy mountains was so magnificent from my balcony today. Can't capture it on my camera, unfortunately.
Like that, or even better (from the web)
A-view-of-Mount-Ararat.jpg

Last edited:

anglo

LE
The Stover Country Park is an area of woodland park in the parish of Teigngrace, Devon, within the former grounds of Stover House. The reserve is 114 acres in size, and is managed by Devon County Council.

P1160742.JPG
P1160815.JPG
P1160855.JPG
P1160866.JPG
P1160870.JPG
P1160919.JPG
P1160955.JPG
P1160962.JPG
P1160987.JPG
P1160997.JPG

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
That whole section of the Northumberland Coast abounds with magnificent unspoiled beaches / dunes .... and real sand .
Tentsmuir, just north of Leuchars has miles of unspoilt beach and some interesting WWII remains. A mate found 3 20mm brassies there in the 70s, Spitfire or Hurricane gunnery practice presumably...

amapola

Old-Salt
The Stover Country Park is an area of woodland park in the parish of Teigngrace, Devon, within the former grounds of Stover House. The reserve is 114 acres in size, and is managed by Devon County Council.
Did you take in the delights of Trago Mills while you were in the area?!

Tentsmuir, just north of Leuchars has miles of unspoilt beach and some interesting WWII remains. A mate found 3 20mm brassies there in the 70s, Spitfire or Hurricane gunnery practice presumably...
My photograph looking towards Dunstanburgh Castle was taken when I was walking a variation of a reasonably popular " Pill Box " walk which takes in about ten Pill Boxes .... most in spectacular condition .... a Radar Station ... the foundations of an Italian POW Camp .... I have posted photographs before ....

DSCF4619 WL.JPG

... but this which is part of the Radar Station must have been bleak in Winter .

About 3 km from here is a disused RAF Airfield on which I used to let Mrs B_R drive my car ... before we were married and she did not have a Driving Licence ... with no chance of an accident ... she had an uncanny knack of driving across cow pats as she sped , Hi Hi , around the perimeter ... happy days .

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Are you meaning
A] Money wise, [yes I'm a poor pensioner]
B] Place wise, [not to bad, near to Bodmin moor]
:);)
That would be telling.

But anyone who shops at Trago - well...

Latest Threads