Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Something that is slowly being hacked away at is local architecture, y'know, you see a pic and you know that is say Wales or Yorkshire or Germany etc...slowly and relentlessly being replaced with ...well, crap.
in the uk its overbuilding Gardens vanish under concrete as the owners expand their houses out of all proportion to their needs, and they are storing up trouble for the future when stuff starts to move and settle
some of the so called architects need to be shot, in my area large per war houses are suffering and now are barely recognisable

My late Father, the modeller was also an Architect, he started on leaving National Service in 1952.
The last 10 years of his working career was spent doing Barn conversions.
The amount of work he turned down, because he disagreed with the client was quite staggering. Very old school was Dad, all people wanted to do was take away their gardens and either build another house or a big bug off extention and stuff the area.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
in the uk its overbuilding Gardens vanish under concrete as the owners expand their houses out of all proportion to their needs, and they are storing up trouble for the future when stuff starts to move and settle
some of the so called architects need to be shot, in my area large per war houses are suffering and now are barely recognisable
My family house in Scotland case in point. My parents bought it as new, kind of a Barrat house, Betts was the builder. The real attraction for my old man was that it had a really big garden, which over 12 years he turned into something really very good, veg, fruit, flowers,trees, lawns. Had a look on google earth recently and the garden is now another fecking house....

You don't see many smurkers on an ultra marathon...

IMG_0560
by Whey-Aye-Banzai, on Flickr
True dit.

I took part in the Gibraltar Rock Run a few years ago when my unit was on excercise there.

Long story short, I won the event, grabbed my daysack from the safety vehicle driver and retrieved my fags.

By the time the next runner came in I was merrily smoking a Lambert & Butler.