Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Two pics from my hols.
First is Champagne Beach in Vanuatu (I'm the bloke circled in red)
Second is Mystery Island, also in Vanuatu
champersBeach2.jpg
mystery_island.jpg

Anybody know anything about Yucca plants?
I went out to the back garden for a quick smoke yesterday and saw that mine had burst into flower again. Isn't it a bit late in the year?

IMG_1690.jpg

I was walking around the Hogmoor Inclosure near Bordon. Used to be a REME recovery range but has been tarted up for recreational and educational use.

There are various commemorative sculptures dotted around the place, most of which are pants.

I liked this one:
D9FC65C3-7C56-4FE7-9232-0E9BEC44B0CD.jpeg

Although the sculptor seems to believe the REME wore pith helmets.

A Roman road ran through the area and is commemorated by Roman helmets:
76603834-011D-4E19-AFC8-6EE7A579ACE6.jpeg

A crap picture as the sun was directly ahead. The engraved caption says 43AD/410AD so it looks like the Legions had more staying power than the REME.

“Bordon - Making soldiers miserable for 2000 years.”

I was walking around the Hogmoor Inclosure near Bordon. Used to be a REME recovery range but has been tarted up for recreational and educational use.

There are various commemorative sculptures dotted around the place, most of which are pants.

I liked this one:
View attachment 361661
Although the sculptor seems to believe the REME wore pith helmets.

A Roman road ran through the area and is commemorated by Roman helmets:
View attachment 361660
A crap picture as the sun was directly ahead. The engraved caption says 43AD/410AD so it looks like the Legions had more staying power than the REME.

“Bordon - Making soldiers miserable for 2000 years.”
The sculpter knew REME were massive cocks.

Whilst walking around I saw this:
9A747515-F7D0-48D2-8ADB-5C0383EEFF70.jpeg

It’s the wreckage of a four wheeled chassis with an oval cylinder in the background. The cylinder has that big armature thing running through it.

Don’t have the faintest idea what it is.

Given it is on a REME range the best I can come up with is that it was a crane.

Any ideas?

The sculpter knew REME were massive cocks.
Were or are?

My grandfather was REME from 1935 to 1947. Spent almost his entire service and the entire war in N. Africa dodging flies, disease, Rommel's armour and swarms of Ju-87s. Given what I've heard of his experiences it's more a case of him having a massive cock (or, at least, a huge set of balls) rather than being one.

Whilst walking around I saw this:
View attachment 361668

It’s the wreckage of a four wheeled chassis with an oval cylinder in the background. The cylinder has that big armature thing running through it.

Don’t have the faintest idea what it is.

Given it is on a REME range the best I can come up with is that it was a crane.

Any ideas?
Its broken that what is is .. needs a big hammer

Kind of self taken in that I took the screen shot. Bear with it as a bit of background will help the unfamiliar.

All over the world aviation uses certain points in space to define navigation. By international convention they have 5 letter names. Many are geographical such as CREWE, STAFA etc, some by features such as NEDUL off the Isle of Wight and some loosely connected with an area such as RODNI, BENBO and DRAKE off Portsmouth.

Then the wags with imagination who work on designing airspace etc get in on it so we have THRED just down from NEDUL, ARTHA, DALEY and MINDA all in a row and so on.

The Yanks have real problems with a point that they are frequently directed to coming off the Atlantic going into Northern Europe, DIKAS.

States side they often use the 5 letters to form a mangled word so MILLR is spoken as Miller.

Yesterday I got given a clearance to this point, just over the State Line from Alabama.....

BB8E4E4D-112D-4A17-8795-5CA28D143109.jpeg