Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Thank you

I selected "3fps AF continuous" which gives me to whole sequence, from the Heron starting the strike
[it didn't get the fish ] to finishing in the prestrike postion, the sequence is to long to put
on here, the last image of the heron taking off as 10 useable images in the sequence

Edit With the Heron, before it strikes or takes to fight there is a slight ruffling of feathers,
thats the time to start to take the photos

Last edited:
Thank you

I selected "3fps AF continuous" which gives me to whole sequence, from the Heron starting the strike
[it didn't get the fish ] to finishing in the prestrike postion, the sequence is to long to put
on here, the last image of the heron taking off as 10 useable images in the sequence

Edit With the Heron, before it strikes or takes to fight there is a slight ruffling of feathers,
thats the time to start to take the photos
This is my attempt at catching a Heron fishing, I was cycling to work and didn't have my camera with me. So ended up using my phone.

AD6ED866-0588-4B50-8852-F22C2407061E.jpeg

The missus prepared this for a friend’s birthday today - Reg the Pug!
Thankfully, it’s not made of dog food, but is a very nice coffee and walnut cake! :smile:

Out and about today and spotted this...

20181022_171141-676x568.jpg
20181022_171312.jpg

Female Sparrow hawk eating a pigeon, managed to get within 10 feet of it without it being bothered by my presence.

Seen in Wigan today
20181022_132805-600x800.jpg
20181022_132848-800x600.jpg

Steam Gondola on Coniston last week...
2018-10-18 030 (1).jpg

We went to our favourite waterfalls yesterday and once again no elephants on the drive in.

HDR #2a.jpg

Off thread ..
There is of course this film which is perhaps a more accurate and complete record of the events than the Hollywood version .... containing some notable camera shots in the style of Leni Riefenstahl ... and featuring actual participants in the operations portraying themselves ... hard , real mountain men and soldiers ... I raise my hat to them all ...

... in Norwegian but it is still possible to appreciate the saga and hardships Jochim Ronneberg and his compatriots endured .

... back on thread .

Last edited: