Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Just think of all those damp leaves ie "drop smoke" :rofl:
I live in the country, have yet to have to rake a single leaf to this day, wind is a wonderful thing. However, there are a few large piles of brush that are going to get hit by stray lightning fairly shortly, Mother Nature works in mysterious ways......

Roughly how long does it take to get something in that sort of state back into decent working order please?
We've got two years to do it! The previous lock took 3 years but there were a number of avoidable delays which extended the re-build. This time we're straight into the demolition phase rather than having to wait a few months for someone to have a lip-wibble whilst they thought about saving the original walls.

By Christ they've put some ******* detail into that cake.
Get them on bake off.

That sir, is not a cake!! It's a ferking great mud sandwich with a filling that'll break yer teeth!!

We've got two years to do it! The previous lock took 3 years but there were a number of avoidable delays which extended the re-build. This time we're straight into the demolition phase rather than having to wait a few months for someone to have a lip-wibble whilst they thought about saving the original walls.
Thanks. A lot of hard work then. Approximately how many volunteers (I assume there are no paid employees) does it involve please?

And where is it?

Thanks. A lot of hard work then. Approximately how many volunteers (I assume there are no paid employees) does it involve please?

And where is it?
It's Lock 14 on the Grantham Canal. It's at Stenwith which is close to Woolsthorpe -by-Belvoir and Belvoir Castle. Nearest pub is the Dirty Duck.

We have different teams of volunteers who are on-site Monday to Friday with occasional help from other volunteer groups. Usually, there is a hardcore of about thirty volunteers week in week out. Wages are crap but regular tea and cakes makes up for that.

It's Lock 14 on the Grantham Canal. It's at Stenwith which is close to Woolsthorpe -by-Belvoir and Belvoir Castle. Nearest pub is the Dirty Duck.

We have different teams of volunteers who are on-site Monday to Friday with occasional help from other volunteer groups. Usually, there is a hardcore of about thirty volunteers week in week out. Wages are crap but regular tea and cakes makes up for that.
Thanks.

@CivvyLurker
Should you wish to stray from the taxidermy path, I've seen just the thing!
20181017_113150-800x600.jpg

That's just a bit too shit even for me, but thanks anyway. The thought is appreciated.

How funny that someone even went as far as putting their name to it, however illegible.
I didn't ask if the seller knew what animal the fur came from, I don't think I want to know!