Arrsers self taken photo collection.

A trio from a walk out the other night

180818-1.jpg
180818-1-3.jpg
180818-1-4.jpg

This was mile 64 of a 100 mile ultra marathon in the Brecon Beacons; a really tough route.

This is the only lass out of 7 finishers to complete the route in 39 hours. She'd been going about 24 hours when I took this photo.

I ran check point 7 and dashed off to buy each of the competitors some fish 'n' chips and a cold coke.

IMG_9077
by Whey-Aye-Banzai, on Flickr

Southport last week...........at the flower show.White tailed sea eagle,I think.
wtse.jpg

This was mile 64 of a 100 mile ultra marathon in the Brecon Beacons; a really tough route.

This is the only lass out of 7 finishers to complete the route in 39 hours. She'd been going about 24 hours when I took this photo.

I ran check point 7 and dashed off to buy each of the competitors some fish 'n' chips and a cold coke.

IMG_9077
by Whey-Aye-Banzai, on Flickr
So she then ran on another thirty-six miles full of stodge and pop?

You evil bastard! :)

Took SWMBOs old Aunt out to day, her old man was ex army, got wounded at Normandy,
Took a load of machine gun rounds, in a bad way when they got him back to the UK.
hard as nails went on to run a farm and a shop, real good bloke.

The Engine House Callington, good food

P1110264.JPG

The view from the window
P1110265.JPG

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Spotted outside one of the pubs in Stevenage town centre. I'm not sure which time zone they're in...

View attachment 346661

And the bottom bit of the poster enlarged to show the mistake:

View attachment 346662
Christ on a bike...I'd forgotten what UK booze prices were like...OK Stevenage is the South, but I expect it's par elsewhere...absolutely ridic. That's another thing nobody has thougt about re Brexit....all that no-duty booze and tabs in unlimited quantities just by hopping across the channel will dry up in an instant....I think there will be rioting when everyone is forced to pay shop rates for a smoke.

Christ on a bike...I'd forgotten what UK booze prices were like...OK Stevenage is the South, but I expect it's par elsewhere...absolutely ridic. That's another thing nobody has thougt about re Brexit....all that no-duty booze and tabs in unlimited quantities just by hopping across the channel will dry up in an instant....I think there will be rioting when everyone is forced to pay shop rates for a smoke.
It's not too bad compared to London. The 'Old Post Office' sells lager at £2.45 compared to £5 - £6 in lots of pubs in London.
As far as cheap booze/tobacco goes, lots of people pay the UK price anyway. Stevenage is only 90 minutes from the Channel Tunnel but many people don't want the inconvenience of a day trip to Calais for booze plus a trip to Adinkerke in Belgium for cheap tobacco.