Arrsers self taken photo collection.

A poor photograph. But I treated myself to a Sukhoi 35 Flanker to compensate me for not attending RIAT this year. It was certainly cheaper than going but less fun. It's the one more or less central on the top shelf. Sorry you have to see Andrew Neil's dial in the reflections by the way.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Arriving at Canberra Airport last month I was waiting to be picked up and I noticed for the first time this rather striking (to me) piece of 'art'. It appears to be a huge stainless steel silver fern, possible in tribute to our Kiwi besties.

20180630_134433a.jpg

20180630_134503a.jpg

When I was leaving earlier this week I took another shot to include the aircraft in the departure concourse:

20180717_171806a.jpg

Anybody see what it is?

A poor photograph. But I treated myself to a Sukhoi 35 Flanker to compensate me for not attending RIAT this year. It was certainly cheaper than going but less fun. It's the one more or less central on the top shelf. Sorry you have to see Andrew Neil's dial in the reflections by the way. View attachment 342959
What's the IL-62 for? ;)

Arriving at Canberra Airport last month I was waiting to be picked up and I noticed for the first time this rather striking (to me) piece of 'art'. It appears to be a huge stainless steel silver fern, possible in tribute to our Kiwi besties.

View attachment 342984
View attachment 342985

When I was leaving earlier this week I took another shot to include the aircraft in the departure concourse:

View attachment 342988

Anybody see what it is?
Vaguely Blenheim, but I didn't think there were any left?