Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Had to go working there in 2015 over the anniversary with a RAF mate.Who happens to be mad about Waterloo. My own historical guide.

No tickets available to visit any of the camps.

We blagged, bluffed and just walked our way into the French camp two times, first time I could have killed Boney with a wooden spoon.

View attachment 339688

Second time was the chance to knobble some other Froggy Generals with a tuning fork .

View attachment 339691

Then woe of woes we saw the French planning their attack . RAF mate happy as a skylark.

View attachment 339693

But must say those reenactors take their history a bit too seriously for my liking.

View attachment 339695
Big gaffer at work many years ago was in the Sealed Knot.
Or as we renamed it after listening to him blathering on about re-enacting the Battle of Somewhere Or Other In The Marsh in 164zzzzzZZZZZZZ. the Sealed Nuts. I know everyone should have a hobby but at least have it with the understanding that others don't want to be bored shitless hearing about it.

Big gaffer at work many years ago was in the Sealed Knot.
Or as we renamed it after listening to him blathering on about re-enacting the Battle of Somewhere Or Other In The Marsh in 164zzzzzZZZZZZZ. the Sealed Nuts. I know everyone should have a hobby but at least have it with the understanding that others don't want to be bored shitless hearing about it.
Had a girl friend 25 years ago. Her sister is a fantastic potter and was hired by a local couple to make authentic? pottery for the sealed knot.

The couple were mad about it, even living the life of the period when not on trips and days away.

Old Army blankets for bedding and a wooden spoon for eating as they were " working peasants " not land owners.

Mad as a pocket of otters.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Haddington, East Lothian 25 June 2018

Raising of the Armed Forces Day flag which will fly from the Council offices for the rest of this week.

DSC_0195.jpg
DSC_0192.jpg

The Lord Lieutenant, Major Michael Williams (an ex Tankie), The Provost, a couple of WRNS, Chairman of our Local Regimental Association Branch and the Lord Lieutenant's Cadet who raised the flag.
DSC_0187.jpg

A selection of ex Royal Scots (and a sailor!) [No pies were hurt in the taking of this pic]

Had to go working there in 2015 over the anniversary with a RAF mate.Who happens to be mad about Waterloo. My own historical guide.

No tickets available to visit any of the camps.

We blagged, bluffed and just walked our way into the French camp two times, first time I could have killed Boney with a wooden spoon.

View attachment 339688

Second time was the chance to knobble some other Froggy Generals with a tuning fork .

View attachment 339691

Then woe of woes we saw the French planning their attack . RAF mate happy as a skylark.

View attachment 339693

But must say those reenactors take their history a bit too seriously for my liking.

View attachment 339695
It amazes me how much dosh these re-enactors have to put down to indulge their hobby. If they intend to do it right, that is. Here's a British officer from the Crimean War period mounted on a horse that showed up at the VA Medical Center "Supporting Our Heritage" military show in Milwaukee in 2010. Maybe he just wanted to give the horse a gallop?

Coldstream Crimean 2.JPG
Coldstream Crimean a.JPG

Ugh...!

DSC_0017-2819x1586.JPG

Praise be for a/c!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I just take the roof down on my car & drive extra fast!
I bet you wear driving gloves and a white silk scarf that billows in the wind too!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I bet you wear driving gloves and a white silk scarf that billows in the wind too!

Driving gloves, no*. If it's cold I turn the heater up, and if it's really cold the Dangerous Brian hat comes out. The law is if it's not raining roof goes down.

No comment on the scarf ;)

*Saying that PJ O'Rourke always laughed at people wearing driving gloves until he drove a supercar at which point he realised why they were useful, for soaking up the sweat when one has frightened oneself senseless with the power...

I hope he's not driving a "Chain gang" Frazer Nash!

Took me seven hours to put the roof down on my car.
But then my car wasn't a cabriolet.
Should've called the fire brigade. They'd have sorted it in a couple of minutes.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Took me seven hours to put the roof down on my car.
But then my car wasn't a cabriolet.
What were you using, a compo can opener?

Phone pics from today. Foggy morning near Whitby:
2.JPG

Imprint from a fossilized Ammonite (lived about 180m years ago. Give or take a day or two):

1.jpg

Large rock with thousands of encased sea shells:

3.jpg

Sea going replica of HMS Bark Endeavour (Cpt. Cooks ship):

4.jpg

Fog bank over Sandsend:

7.jpg

6.jpg

Todays fossil catch. Mostly Ammonites:

8.jpg

Some very, very, very smelly Lobster cages:

5.jpg