Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Worse yet,I'd never even heard of Bicton museum. Looks like a lot of good stuff going on in there.
Haven't been there since childhood. It's only about an hour down the road from me, n'all.

Branscombe Village post #53507
Sorry I forgot to tell you, to get to the village the roads are single track with passing points,
If you have a new car or can't reverse don't go , I met a bus, the busses can't reverse due
to the narrow road,I had to back up about 100 yards:)
You got off lightly!

And then get back to where you met the thing and have to repeat it for some jack-off in a Chelsea tractor who thinks a small hatchback is better suited to mount verges and pull into rutted, muddy gateways and things than their gert great 4x4.

Only 100yds? Sprog!
Cornwall road rule #5
For your info
Cornwall road rules
1]If your exit is not clear don't enter
2]Don't cut corners
3] Don't back into hedges, [they are walls covered by hedge]
4]Slowdown to allow oncoming car to clear narrow section of road
5] Be willing to give way, acknowledge those that give way to you:)

And then get back to where you met the thing and have to repeat it for some jack-off in a Chelsea tractor who thinks a small hatchback is better suited to mount verges and pull into rutted, muddy gateways and things than their gert great 4x4.
Tell me about it. The diversion to avoid M1 closure on Friday used a one track lane - I lost count of how many people in 4x4s couldn't or refused to reverse or go off road..... plus refused to acknowledge if say thank you!! Did get a cheery thank you from builders in a van for reversing though

Tell me about it. The diversion to avoid M1 closure on Friday used a one track lane - I lost count of how many people in 4x4s couldn't or refused to reverse or go off road..... plus refused to acknowledge if say thank you!! Did get a cheery thank you from builders in a van for reversing though
I used to live in Gt. Offley - a mere ten minutes drive from Luton Airport, via back lanes. Well, it was ten minutes the way I drive anyway... ;) I feel your pain.

Funniest thing I saw was one winter when the (totally unprepared-for) snow came and I was driving my 1.2l 1996 Clio down the lane from Wigmore (the part of town behind the airport) through Tea Green and down Stoney Lane to Lilley Bottom and there in the ditch beside the downslope at a jaunty angle was an NHDC gritter fitted for and with snowplough. I glided sedately past in good 2x4 order using driving skills obviously superior to those of Council chummy.

{Smugmode}

3] Don't back into hedges, [they are walls covered by hedge]
That's true of most of Devon and Somerset, too - especially within Dartmoor NP - at least, when below the cattle grid line.

In any case, Branscombe is not in Cornwall.

Boring factoid: if you sit on the beach there facing the sea then the headland to your right has on top of it the Donkey Sanctuary. My bigger little sister works there...

That's true of most of Devon and Somerset, too - especially within Dartmoor NP - at least, when below the cattle grid line.

In any case, Branscombe is not in Cornwall.

Boring factoid: if you sit on the beach there facing the sea then the headland to your right has on top of it the Donkey Sanctuary. My bigger little sister works there...
Any photo's...

...for a friend, obviously.

No, not your bloody sister. The donkeys.:lick:

There was a photo of a donkey on here a couple of years ago. Over-the-shoulder view, SLR, ponytail...

But can't find it right now. Have this one to be going on with:-

Last edited:
One of my buds who works in Belgium for NATO sent me a few pics of Waterloo taken on June 18th. Not bad for a Rupert.

View attachment 339436 View attachment 339437 View attachment 339438 View attachment 339439
Had to go working there in 2015 over the anniversary with a RAF mate.Who happens to be mad about Waterloo. My own historical guide.

No tickets available to visit any of the camps.

We blagged, bluffed and just walked our way into the French camp two times, first time I could have killed Boney with a wooden spoon.

IMG_3691.jpg

Second time was the chance to knobble some other Froggy Generals with a tuning fork .

IMG_3700.jpg

Then woe of woes we saw the French planning their attack . RAF mate happy as a skylark.

IMG_3708.jpg

But must say those reenactors take their history a bit too seriously for my liking.

IMG_3697.jpg